1995 No. 196
The Environmentally Sensitive Areas (South Wessex Downs) Designation (Amendment) Order 1995
26th January 1995
Laid before Parliament
7th February 1995
Coming into force
28th February 1995
Whereas, pursuant to section 18(1) of the Agriculture Act 1986(1), the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food has by order designated an area in the South Wessex Downs as an environmentally sensitive area;
Now, therefore, the said Minister, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by section 18(1) and (4)(2) of the said Act, and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, with the consent of the Treasury, hereby makes the following Order:
Title and commencement
1. This Order may be cited as the Environmentally Sensitive Areas (South Wessex Downs) Designation (Amendment) Order 1995 and shall come into force on 28th February 1995.
2. In this Order “the principal Order” means the Environmentally Sensitive Areas (South Wessex Downs) Designation Order 1993(3).
Amendment of the principal Order
3. The principal Order shall be amended in accordance with the following provisions of this Order.
Rates of payment under agreement
4. In article 6 of the principal Order—
(1) in sub-paragraph (1)(c), for the amount “ £44”, there shall be substituted the amount “£50”;
(2) in paragraph (2), in the table, in the right hand column—
(i)for the figure “240”, there shall be substituted the figure “260”;
(ii) for the figure “200”, there shall be substituted the figure “220”;
(3) for paragraph (3), there shall be substituted the following paragraph—
“(3)Where an agreement includes a conservation plan, the Minister shall also make payments in respect of the operations included in the plan, subject to a maximum of £15,000 for each agreement.”.
Amendment to Schedules
5. In Schedule 3, paragraph 4 to the principal Order—
(a) the word “traditional”, where it first appears, shall be deleted;
(b) the words “methods and” shall be deleted.
6. Article 4(1) and (2) of this Order shall not apply in respect of any annual payment to a farmer which relates wholly or in part to any period before 1st April 1995.
Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food
26th January 1995
Two of the Lords Commissioners of Her Majesty’s Treasury
23rd January 1995
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order amends the Environmentally Sensitive Areas (South Wessex Downs) Designation Order 1993 ( “the principal Order”) which designated an area in the South Wessex Downs as an environmentally sensitive area.
Subject to a saving provision, the Order amends the rates of payments to be made by the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food pursuant to a management agreement made under section 18(3) of the Agriculture Act 1986 (articles 4 and 6).
The Order makes an amendment to the list of operations, in Schedule 3 to the principal Order, that may be included in a “conservation plan” (as defined in article 2(1) of the principal Order) (article 5).
1986 c. 49. The expression “the Minister” is defined in section 18(11).
Section 18(4) was amended by S.I. 1994/249.
S.I. 1993/86, as amended by S.I. 1994/924.