This Order is made to correct an error in S.I. 1994/708 and is being issued free of charge to all known recipients of that Statutory Instrument.
1995 No. 200
The Environmentally Sensitive Areas (Cotswold Hills) Designation (Amendment) Order 1995
26th January 1995
Laid before Parliament
7th February 1995
Coming into force
28th February 1995
Whereas, as mentioned in section 18(1) of the Agriculture Act 1986(1), it appears to the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (“the Minister”) that it is particularly desirable—
(1) to conserve and enhance the natural beauty of the area referred to in article 3 of the Environmentally Sensitive Areas (Cotswold Hills) Designation Order 1994(2) (“the Cotswold Hill Order”) as amended by this Order;
(2) to conserve the flora and fauna and geological and physiographical features of the said area; and
(3) to protect buildings and other objects of historic interest in the said area;
And whereas, as mentioned in the said section 18(1), it appears to the Minister that the maintenance or adoption of the agricultural methods specified in Schedule 1 to the Cotswold Hills Order is likely to facilitate the aforementioned conservation, enhancement and protection;
Now, therefore, the Minister, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by section 18(1) and (4) of the said Act, and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, with the consent of the Treasury and after consultation with the Secretary of State, the Countryside Commission and the Nature Conservancy Council for England(3) as to the inclusion of the area referred to in article 3 of the Cotswold Hills Order as amended by this Order and the features of that area for which conservation, enhancement and protection are desirable, hereby makes the following Order:
Title and commencement
1. This Order may be cited as the Environmentally Sensitive Areas (Cotswold Hills) Designation (Amendment) Order 1995 and shall come into force on 28th February 1995.
2. Article 3 of the Environmentally Sensitive Areas (Cotswold Hills) Designation Order 1994 shall be amended by substituting for the words “Gloucestershire and Hereford and Worcester”, the following words—
“Gloucestershire, Hereford and Worcester and Warwickshire.”
Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food
26th January 1995
Two of the Lords Commissioners of Her Majesty’s Treasury
23rd January 1995
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order amends the Environmentally Sensitive Areas (Cotswold Hills) Designation Order 1994 (S.I. 1994/708) so as to include within the area designated by that Order land in the county of Warwickshire shown as part of the environmentally sensitive area on the maps referred to in the said Order.
1986 c. 49. The expression “the Minister” is defined in section 18(11). Section 18(4) was amended by S.I. 1994/249.
The provisions in section 18 of the Agriculture Act 1986 concerning Nature Conservancy Councils were amended by Part VII of, and Schedule 9 to, the Environmental Protection Act 1990 (c. 43).