1995 No. 231
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The Leeds City Council (M1—A1 Link Road/East Leeds Radial (A63) Junction Connecting Roads) Scheme 1993 Confirmation Instrument 1995
30th January 1995
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this Instrument in exercise of powers conferred by sections 16 and 17 of the Highways Act 1980(1), and now vested in him(2), and of all other enabling powers:—
1. The Leeds City Council (M1—A1 Link Road/East Leeds Radial (A63) Junction Connecting Roads) Scheme 1993 is hereby confirmed without modifications.
2. The said Scheme as confirmed (hereinafter referred to as “the Scheme”) is set out in the Schedule hereto and copies of the Scheme with its accompanying plan are deposited at the offices of the Department of Transport, 43 Marsham Street, London SW1 3PY and at the offices of Leeds City Council, Legal Services, Room 213, Civic Hall, Leeds LS1 1UR.
3. The Scheme will come into force on the date on which Notice that it has been confirmed is first published in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 2 to the Highways Act 1980.
4. This Instrument may be cited as the Leeds City Council (M1—A1 Link Road/East Leeds Radial (A63) Junction Connecting Roads) Scheme 1993 Confirmation Instrument 1995.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
Regional Director Government Office for the North East
30th January 1995
SCHEDULE 1THE HIGHWAYS ACT 1980
THE LEEDS CITY COUNCIL (M1—A1 LINK ROAD/EAST LEEDS RADIAL (A63) JUNCTION CONNECTING ROADS) SCHEME 1993
The Leeds City Council makes this Scheme in exercise of its powers under Sections 16 and 17 of the Highways Act 1980 and all other enabling powers:
1. The Council is authorised to provide for the use of traffic of Classes I and II of the classes of traffic set out in Schedule 4 to the Highways Act 1980, a special road along the routes described in the Schedule to this Scheme for the purpose of connecting the M1—A1 Link Road with the classified road (A63) at the place stated in the Schedule to this Scheme.
2. The centre line of the special road is indicated by heavy black lines being respectively given the numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the deposited plan.
3. In this Scheme:—
means the Leeds City Council;
(ii)“The M1—A1 Link Road”
means the Scheme cited as the M1—A1 Link (Belle Isle to Bramham Crossroads Section and Connecting Roads);
(iii)“the special road”
means the special road which the Council is authorised by this Scheme to provide;
(iv)“the classified road”
means the East Leeds Radial (Pontefract Lane) (A63) which the Council proposes to provide from the route of the M1—A1 Link Road via Cross Green Industrial Estate to Knowsthorpe Crescent in the City of Leeds;
(v)“the deposited plan”
means the plan marked “The Leeds City Council (M1—A1 Link Road/East Leeds Radial (A63) Junction Connecting Roads) Scheme 1993”, sealed with the Common Seal of the Council and deposited at the offices of the Council, Chief Legal Officer, Room 213, Civic Hall, Leeds LS1 1UR. A certified copy is also deposited at the Department of Transport, Northern Regional Office, Local Authority Orders Section, Wellbar House, Gallowgate, Newcastle–upon–Tyne, NE1 4TD and “deposited plan” shall be construed accordingly.
4. This Scheme may be cited as The Leeds City Council (M1—A1 Link Road/East Leeds Radial (A63) Junction Connecting Roads) Scheme 1993.
SCHEDULEROUTE OF THE SPECIAL ROAD
Four routes to connect the M1—A1 Link road with the classified road (the special roads along these routes being respectively given the numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the deposited plan).
THE COMMON SEAL of the LEEDS CITY COUNCIL was hereunto affixed this Twenty–second day of April 1993
in the presence of
Chairman of the Strategic Policy Committee
Chief Legal Officer
1980 c. 66.