Her Majesty, in exercise of the powers conferred on Her by section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972(1), is pleased, by and with the advice of Her Privy Council, to order, and it is hereby ordered, as follows:
Citation and commencement
1. This Order may be cited as the European Communities (Designation) Order 1995 and shall come into force on 2nd March 1995.
Designation of Ministers or departments
2.—(1) For the purposes of section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972 the Ministers or government departments specified in column (1) of the Schedule to this Order are hereby designated in relation to the matters specified in column (2) of that Schedule.
(2) Where a Minister or government department is designated in relation to any item in column (2) of the said Schedule, then, for the purposes of the said section 2(2), that Minister or government department is also hereby designated in relation to anything supplemental or related to the matters specified in that item.
(3) Where more than one Minister or government department is designated by this Order in relation to any matter, the designation has effect as respects the making of regulations by any of them or by more than one of them acting jointly.
(4) Regulations made by a Northern Ireland Department in pursuance of this Order, that are not made jointly with any Minister, shall form part of the law of Northern Ireland and not of any other part of the United Kingdom.
Revocation of earlier designation
3. The designations of the Secretary of State and any Northern Ireland Department in relation to the regulation and control of trade in, and production of, chlorofluorocar– bons, fully halogenated chlorofluorocarbons, halons, carbon tetrachloride and 1,1,1– trichloroethene, whether existing alone or in a mixture, in the European Communities (Designation) (No. 3) Order 1991(2) are hereby revoked.
N H Nicholls
Clerk of the Privy Council
Ministers or Departments
Matters in relation to which Ministers or Departments are designated
The Secretary of State and any Northern Ireland Department
Measures relating to the protection of the ozone layer and measures relating to substances that deplete the ozone layer.
The Secretary of State
Measures relating to the avoidance of discrimi– nation in relation to the transfer of control of important manufacturing undertakings to non– residents.
(This note is not part of the Order)
This is a further Order in the series designating Ministers who, and departments which, may exercise powers to make regulations conferred by section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972 and specifying the matters in relation to which those powers may be exercised. It partly revokes an earlier Order in the series (S.I. 1991/2289).
1972 c. 68.