1995 No. 270
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The Somerset County Council (Bridgwater Northern Distributor Road Bridge) Scheme 1992 Con firmation Instrument 1995
1st February 1995
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this Instrument in exercise of powers conferred by section 106(3) of the Highways Act 1980(1) and now vested in him(2) and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf:—
1. The Somerset County Council (Bridgwater Northern Distributor Road Bridge)Scheme 1992 is hereby confirmed without modifications.
2. The said Scheme as confirmed (hereinafter referred to as “the Scheme”) is set out in the Schedule hereto and copies of the Scheme with its accompanying plan are deposited at The Department of Transport, 43 Marsham Street, London SW1P 3PY and at of fi ces of the Somerset County Council, County Hall, Taunton (Room A132), and Sedgemoor District Council, Bridgwater House, King Square, Bridgwater.
3. The Scheme will become operative on the date on which notice that it has been con fi rmed is |fi rst published in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 2 to the Highways Act 1980.
4. This Instrument may be cited as the Somerset County Council (Bridgwater Northern Distributor Road Bridge) Scheme 1992 Confirmation Instrument 1995.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport.
Government Of fi ce for the North East
1st February 1995
THE SCHEDULETHE SOMERSET COUNTY COUNCIL (BRIDGWATER NORTHERN DISTRIBUTOR ROAD BRIDGE) SCHEME 1992
The Somerset County Council (hereinafter referred to as “the Council”) make this Scheme in exercise of their powers under Section 106(3) of the Highways Act 1980 and of all other enabling powers:—
1. The Council are authorised to construct over the navigable waters of the River Parrett the bridge speci fi ed in the Schedule to this Scheme as part of the highway they are proposing to construct between Castle Fields, Bridgwater and Chilton Trinity in the District of Sedgemoor in the said County.
2. The Scheme may be cited as the Somerset County Council (Bridgwater Northern Distributor Road Bridge) Scheme 1992.
THE SCHEDULE TO THE SCHEMEPLANS AND SPECIFICATIONS OF THE BRIDGWATER NORTHERN DISTRIBUTOR ROAD BRIDGE
POINTS OF COMMENCEMENT AND TERMINATION
1. From a point on the south bank of the River Parrett at Grid Reference 33008 13810 to a point on the north west bank of the River Parrett at Grid Reference 33004 13814.
2. A single span of 56 metres.
3. Not less than 2.5 metres above the mean high water spring tide level (MHWS) of 6.1 metres AOD.
4. A minimum clear navigable waterway of 20 metres.
5. The Bridge will be 13.5 metres wide overall and will carry a 7.3 metre wide single carriageway with a footway of 2.5 metres width on either side.
THE COMMON SEAL of the COUNCIL was hereunto affixed in the presence of:
Nigel T Abbott
Assistant County Secretary
1980 c. 66.