1995 No. 296
The A3 Trunk Road (Kingston By-Pass, Kingston Upon Thames and Merton) (40 m.p.h. Speed Limit) Order 1995
6th February 1995
Coming into force
13th February 1995
The Secretary of State for Transport, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 84(1)(a) and (2) of, and Part IV of Schedule 9 to, the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(1), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, hereby makes the following Order:
1. This Order may be cited as the A3 Trunk Road (Kingston By-Pass, Kingston Upon Thames and Merton) (40 m.p.h. Speed Limit) Order 1995 and shall come into force on 13th February 1995.
2. In this Order—
“Beverley Way” means that length of the A3 Trunk Road in the London Borough of Merton known as Beverley Way;
“the Bushey Road flyover” means the provision made in Bushey Road (A298) for the carriage of traffic from the slip road on the west side of Beverley Way over the main carriageway of Beverley Way;
“Robin Hood Way” means that length of the A3 Trunk Road in the Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames known as Robin Hood Way; and
“Shannon Corner roundabout” means the roundabout at the intersection of Beverley Way and Burlington Road West (B282).
3. No person shall drive a motor vehicle at a speed exceeding 40 miles per hour on any of the lengths of road specified in Schedule 1 to this Order.
4.—(1) The Trunk Roads (40 M.P.H. Speed Limit) (No. 2) Order 1968(2) shall be varied as follows.
(2) Article 1, Schedule 1 and items 1, 2 and 3 of Schedule 2 shall be omitted.
5. The Orders specified in Schedule 2 to this Order are hereby revoked.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
P. J. Bevis
A Grade 6 Officer, Highways Agency London Office
6th February 1995
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
1. Robin Hood Way, from a point 118 metres south of the southern kerbline of the southern entrance to the service road to Vale Crescent, northwards to its junction with Kingston Vale, a distance of approximately 498 metres.
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON
2. The slip road west of Beverley Way, between a point 5 metres north of the access way leading to Blagdon House and both its northern junction with the northbound carriageway of Beverley Way and its junction with the western extremity of the Bushey Road flyover and carriageways.
3. The slip road east of Beverley Way, between its northern junction with the southbound carriageway of Beverley Way and both its southern junction with the southbound carriageway of Beverley Way and a point 170 metres north of its junction with Shannon Corner roundabout.
The London Traffic (40 M.P.H. Speed Limit) (No. 1) Order 1963(3).
The London Trunk Roads (40 M.P.H. Speed Limit) (Amendment) Order 1966(4).
The Trunk Roads (40 M.P.H. Speed Limit) (Amendment) Order 1968(5).
1984 c. 27. Section 84(1) was substituted by the Road Traffic Act 1991 (c. 40), section 45(2), and section 84(2) was substituted by the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (c. 22), section 168 and Schedule 8, paragraph 61.