The Education (London Residuary Body) (Property Transfer) (Modification and Amendment) Order 1995

Link to law: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1995/627/made/data.htm?wrap=true
Published: 1995-03-08

Statutory Instruments
1995 No. 627

EDUCATION, ENGLAND AND WALES
The Education (London Residuary Body) (Property Transfer) (Modification and Amendment) Order 1995

Made
8th March 1995

Laid before Parliament
9th March 1995

Coming into force
30th March 1995

The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred on her by sections 187(5) and (6), 231(2) and 232(5) of the Education Reform Act 1988(1), hereby makes the following Order:

Citation, commencement and interpretation

1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Education (London Residuary Body) (Property Transfer) (Modification and Amendment) Order 1995 and shall come into force on 30th March 1995.

(2) In this Order “the principal Order” means the Education (London Residuary Body) (Property Transfer) Order 1992(2) .

Modification of effect and amendment of the principal Order

2.  At the end of article 4(5) of the principal Order (which imposes a condition that certain land marked with an asterisk in Schedule 3 to that Order should be brought into use wholly or mainly for the purposes of the transferee council’s functions as the local education authority for their area by 1st April 1995) there shall be inserted—

“except in the case of the former Pritchard’s Road Primary School, Pritchard’s Road, E2 and 60, 68, 70, 72, 74, 76 and 82, Pritchard’s Road, E2, which land is to be so brought into use by 1st April 1996”.

3.  In article 4(7) of the principal Order (which imposes a condition that the former Wandsworth Boys' Secondary School, Sutherland Grove, SW18 should be brought into use by the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth as the site for a new school established under section 12 or 13 of the Education Act 1980(3) or as the site for a school transferring to that site under section 16 of the Education Act 1944(4) by 1st April 1995) for “1st April 1995” there shall be substituted “1st September 1997”.

4.—(1) Article 4(8) of the principal Order (which imposes a condition that the former Eltringham School Site, SW18 should be brought into use by the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth as a transport depot for the purposes of the said Council’s duties under section 55(1) of the Education Act 1944(5)) shall cease to apply in relation to the land shaded red and the land shaded blue on the plan number BE/PAC/P118, dated January 1994 and described as “Plan referred to in Article 4 of the Education (London Residuary Body) (Property Transfer) (Modification and Amendment) Order 1995”.

(2) In article 4(8) of the principal Order, in so far as it continues to have effect, for “1995” there shall be substituted “1996”.

Robin Squire
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State,
Department for Education
8th March 1995

Explanatory Note

(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order both amends and modifies the effect of the Education (London Residuary Body) (Property Transfer) Order 1992 (“the 1992 Order”). The 1992 Order transferred the former Eltringham School Site, SW18 to the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth (“Wandsworth”) subject to a condition that the site be brought into use by 1st April 1995 as a transport depot for the purposes of the said Council’s duties under section 55(1) of the Education Act 1944 (provision of transport and other facilities). This Order lifts that condition in relation to parts of the site. The parts concerned can be identified from plan BE/PAC/P118 described as “Plan referred to in Article 4 of the Education (London Residuary Body) (Property Transfer) (Modification and Amendment) Order 1995” which is deposited at the Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London SW18 2PU. In addition 1st April 1996 is substituted for 1st April 1995 as the date by which the remainder of the site, still subject to the condition, must be brought into use as a transport depot.
The 1992 Order also transferred the former Wandsworth Boys' Secondary School, Sutherland Grove, SW18 to Wandsworth subject to a condition that it be brought into use by 1st April 1995 as the site for a new school under section 12 or 13 of the Education Act 1980 or as the site for a school transferring to that site under section 16 of the Education Act 1944. This Order substitutes a new date of 1st September 1997.
The 1992 Order also transferred the former Pritchard’s Road Primary School, Pritchard’s Road, E2 and Numbers 60, 68, 70, 72, 74, 76 and 82, Pritchard’s Road, E2 to the Council of the London Borough of Tower Hamlets subject to a condition that such land be brought into use wholly or mainly for the purposes of the functions of the said Council as local education authority for their area by 1st April 1995. This Order substitutes a new date of 1st April 1996.


(1)
1988 c. 40.

(2)
S.I. 1992/587; amended by S.I. 1994/3105.

(3)
1980 c. 20.

(4)
1944 c. 31.

(5)
Section 55(1) was substituted by the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 (c. 13), Schedule 8, paragraph 5.
Read Entire Law on www.legislation.gov.uk