Her Majesty, in exercise of the powers conferred on Her by section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972(1), is pleased, by and with the advice of Her Privy Council, to order, and it is hereby ordered, as follows:
Citation and commencement
1. This Order may be cited as the European Communities (Designation) (No. 2) Order 1995 and shall come into force on 17th April 1995.
Designation of Ministers or departments
2.—(1) For the purposes of section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972 the Ministers or government departments specified in column (1) of the Schedule to this Order are hereby designated in relation to the matters specified in column (2) of that Schedule.
(2) Where a Minister or government department is designated in relation to any item in column (2) of the said Schedule, then, for the purposes of the said section 2(2), that Minister or government department is also hereby designated in relation to anything supplemental or related to the matters specified in that item.
(3) Where more than one Minister or government department is designated by this Order in relation to any matter, the designation of those Ministers or government departments has effect as respects the making of regulations by any of them or by more than one of them acting jointly.
(4) Regulations made by a Northern Ireland Department in pursuance of this Order, that are not made jointly with any Minister, shall form part of the law of Northern Ireland and not of any other part of the United Kingdom.
Revocation of earlier designation
3. The designation of the Secretary of State and the Commissioners of Customs and Excise in respect of measures relating to the prohibition of the release for free circulation of goods bearing a trademark without authorisation, in the European Communities (Designation) (No. 2) Order 1987(2), is hereby revoked.
N. H. Nicholls
Clerk of the Privy Council
Ministers or Departments
Matters in relation to which the Ministers or Departments are designated
The Secretary of State
Measures relating to equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
The Secretary of State and the Minister of Agriculture,, Fisheries and Food
Measures relating to Community plant variety rights.
Any Northern Ireland Department
The preceding items in this column.
The Minister of Agriculture Fisheries and Food
Measures relating to promotion of rural development(3)
The Secretary of State
Measures relating to competition in the markets for satellite communications and telecommunications services other than public voice telephony,, mobile and telex services,, and satellite communications and telecommunications terminal equipment.
The Secretary of State and the Commissioners of Customs and Excise
Measures relating to counterfeit and pirated goods.
(This note is not part of the Order)
This is a further Order in the series designating Ministers who, and departments which, may exercise powers to make regulations conferred by section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972 and specifying the matters in relation to which those powers may be exercised. It partly revokes an earlier Order in the series (S.I. 1987/926).
1972 c. 68.
The Secretary of State was designated in relation to the same measures by S.I. 1994/1887.