Her Majesty, in exercise of the powers conferred upon Her by section 34(2) and (3) of the Antarctic Act 1994(1), is pleased, by and with the advice of Her Privy Council, to order, and it is hereby ordered, as follows:
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Antarctic Act 1994 (Guernsey) Order 1995.
(2) In respect of each provision of the Antarctic Act 1994 extended to the Bailiwick of Guernsey by this Order, and subject to paragraph (3) below, this Order shall come into force on the day on which the provision in question comes into force in the United Kingdom in accordance with an order made under section 35(1) of that Act.
(3) Where the provision in question has come into force in the United Kingdom on or before 1st May 1995, this Order shall, in respect of that provision, come into force on that date.
2. The provisions of the Antarctic Act 1994, except sections 28, 34 and 35, shall extend to the Bailiwick of Guernsey subject to the modifications specified in the Schedule to this Order.
N. H. Nicholls
Clerk of the Privy Council
SCHEDULEMODIFICATIONS IN THE EXTENSION OF THE ANTARCTIC ACT 1994 TO GUERNSEY
1. Any reference to an enactment shall be construed, unless the contrary intention appears, as a reference to that enactment as it has effect in the Bailiwick of Guernsey.
2. In sections 3(3), 3(7), 17, 21, 22(1), 23(1) and 24, for “the United Kingdom” in each place where those words occur there is substituted “the Bailiwick of Guernsey”.
3. In section 31(1), in the definition of “United Kingdom national”, at the end there is added:
“(f)a body incorporated under the law of any part of the Bailiwick of Guernsey;.”
4. In section 32, subsection (3) is omitted.
5. In the Schedule, the entries relating to the Antarctic Minerals Act 1989(2) and the Law Reform (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Scotland) Act 1990(3) are omitted.
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order extends certain provisions of the Antarctic Act 1994 to the Bailiwick of Guernsey, subject to the modifications specified in the Schedule
1994 c. 15.
1989 c. 21.
1990 c. 40.