1995 No. 1201
The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) (Amendment) (No. 3) Regulations 1995
1st May 1995
Laid before Parliament
9th May 1995
Coming into force
1st June 1995
The Secretary of State for Transport, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 41(1), (2) and (5) of the Road Traffic Act 1988(1), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, and after consultation with representative organisations in accordance with section 195(2) of that Act, hereby makes the following Regulations:—
Commencement and citation
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) (Amendment) (No. 3) Regulations 1995 and shall come into force on 1st June 1995.
2. The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986(2) shall be amended in accordance with the following provisions of these Regulations.
Amendments relating to height
3. In regulation 9, paragraphs (2), (2A) and (3) shall be omitted.
Amendments relating to diameter of wheels, power to weight ratio and noise limits
4. Regulations 21, 45 and 58 shall be omitted.
5.—(1) In regulation 4(4), in items 2, 3 and 4 of the Table, the expression “9(2),” shall be omitted.
(2) For the heading “Exceptions to regulations 55 to 58” immediately preceding regulation 59 there shall be substituted “Exceptions to regulations 55 to 57B”.
(3) In regulation 59, for “57A, 57B and 58” there shall be substituted “57A and 57B”.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State,
Department of Transport
1st May 1995
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations further amend the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986.
The 4.2 metre height restriction on the bodywork of goods vehicles with a total laden weight exceeding 35,000 kg is removed.
Regulation 21 which governs wheels not fitted with pneumatic tyres, regulation 45 which governs the power to weight ratio of heavy vehicles and regulation 58 which governs noise limits for vehicles first used before 1st October 1983 are omitted.
Consequential amendments are made to regulations 4 and 59.
1988 c. 52. Section 41 was amended by the Road Traffic Act 1991 (c. 40), Schedule 4, paragraph 50 and Schedule 8.
S.I. 1986/1078. The relevant amending instruments are S.I. 1994/14 and 329.