1995 No. 1301
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The Birmingham City Council (Birmingham & Fazeley Canal Bridge) Scheme 1994Confirmation Instrument 1995
11th May 1995
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this Instrument in exercise of powers conferred by section 106 (3) of the Highways Act 1980(1), and now vested in him (2), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf:—
1. The Birmingham City Council (Birmingham & Fazeley Canal Bridge) Scheme 1994 is hereby confirmed with modifications.
2. The said Scheme as confirmed (hereinafter referred to as “the Scheme”) is set out in the Schedule hereto and copies of the Scheme with its accompanying plan are deposited at the offices of the Department of Transport, Romney House, 43 Marsham Street, London SW1P 3PY, and at the offices of the Birmingham City Council, Ingleby House, 11—14 Cannon Street, Birmingham B2 5EN.
3. The Scheme will become operative on the date on which notice that it has been confirmed is first published in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 2 to the Highways Act 1980.
4. This Instrument may be cited as The Birmingham City Council (Birmingham & Fazeley Canal Bridge) Scheme 1994 Confirmation Instrument 1995.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
Government Office for the North East
11th May 1995
THE SCHEDULETHE BIRMINGHAM CITY COUNCIL (BIRMINGHAM & FAZELEY CANAL BRIDGE) SCHEME 1994
The Birmingham City Council (hereinafter referred to as “the Council”) make this Scheme in exercise of their powers under Section 106(3) of the Highways Act 1980 and of all other powers enabling them in that behalf:—
1. The Council are authorised to construct over the navigable waters of the Birmingham & Fazeley Canal the bridge specified in the Schedule to this Scheme as part of the highway which they are proposing to improve (to be known as Cuckoo Road B4137) between Cuckoo Road/Argyle Street junction and the Lichfield Road A5127 in Nechells in the City of Birmingham.
2. This Scheme may be cited as the Birmingham City Council (Birmingham & Fazeley Canal Bridge) Scheme 1994.
THE SCHEDULE TO THE SCHEMEPLANS AND SPECIFICATIONS OF THE BIRMINGHAM & FAZELEY CANAL BRIDGE
Points of commencement and termination
From a point on the north bank of the Birmingham & Fazeley Canal 60.0 metres south-south-east of the junction of Lichfield Road and Cuckoo Road, Nechells in the City of Birmingham.
To a point on the south bank of the Birmingham & Fazeley Canal 71.0 metres south-south-east of the same junction.
11.5 metres skew distance between abutments;
11.0 metres square distance between abutments.
35.2 metres square distance.
Consisting of parapet, 3.0m wide footway, 13.0m wide carriage-way, 5.0m wide central reserve (including 3.0m wide light well), 7.3m wide carriageway, 3m wide footway, 3.0m wide services bay, parapet.
2.6 metres weir to soffit.
(Weir level 037 92.025m)
Precast prestressed concrete `T' beams;
Abutments and wing walls to be brick faced.
Birmingham & Fazeley Canal owned by the British Waterways Board. Width reduced to 7.0 metres under proposed bridge, with a new canal edge being constructed, to accommodate proposed bridge abutment.
3.0 metres minimum width to be maintained.
2.3 metres headway to be provided, towpath to soffit, over 3.0 metres minimum width.
A minimum clear navigable waterway of between 3.80 metres and 7.00 metres.
The bridge will be 35.2 metres wide (measure square) overall consisting of 16.5m north-north-westerly bound highway, 5m central reserve (incorporating a 3m light well) and a 13.7m wide south-south-westerly bound highway.
All of which details are shown on the following plan which is annexed hereto:—
Location Plan and General Arrangement of bridge and specification plan number CRD/7259/5.
GIVEN under the COMMON SEAL of BIRMINGHAM CITY COUNCIL the Twenty-third day of August One thousand nine hundred and ninety four
THE COMMON SEAL of BIRMINGHAM CITY COUNCIL was hereunto affixed in the presence of:—
S. A. Dobson