1995 No. 1310
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The City Council of Sheffield (Inner Ring Road — Stage 1A Bridge) Scheme 1994 Confirmation Instrument 1995
11th May 1995
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this Instrument in exercise of powers conferred by section 106(3) of the Highways Act 1980(1), and now vested in him(2), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf:—
1. The City Council of Sheffield (Inner Ring Road — Stage 1A Bridge) Scheme 1994 is hereby confirmed with modifications.
2. The said Scheme as confirmed (hereinafter referred to as “the Scheme”) is set out in the Schedule hereto and copies of the Scheme with its accompanying plan are deposited at the Department of Transport, 43 Marsham Street, London SW1P 3PY and at the offices of Sheffield City Council, Administration and Legal Department, Town Hall, Sheffield, S1 2HH; at the Enquiry Office, Design and Building Services, 2/10 Carbrook Hall Road, Sheffield, S9 2DB; and at the offices of Sheffield Development Corporation, Don Valley House, Savile Street East, Sheffield S4 7UQ.
3. The Scheme will become operative on the date on which notice that it has been confirmed is first published in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 2 to the Highways Act 1980.
4. This instrument may be cited as the City Council of Sheffield (Inner Ring Road — Stage 1A Bridge) Scheme 1994 Confirmation Instrument 1995.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
Government Office for the North East
11th May 1995
THE SCHEDULETHE CITY COUNCIL OF SHEFFIELD (INNER RING ROAD — STAGE 1A BRIGE) SCHEME 1994
The City Council of Sheffield (hereinafter referred to as “the Council”) make this Scheme in exercise of their powers under Section 106(3) of the Highways Act 1980 and of all other powers enabling them in that behalf:—
1. The Council are authorised to construct over the navigable waters of the Sheffield and Tinsley Canal the bridge specified in the Schedule to this Scheme as part of the highway which they are proposing to construct between Sheffield Parkway O.S. map reference 3637 8775 and Furnival Road O.S. map reference 3608 8790 in Victoria Quays, Sheffield, in the County of South Yorkshire.
2. This Scheme may be cited as “The City Council of Sheffield (Inner Ring Road — Stage 1A Bridge) Scheme 1994”.
THE SCHEDULE TO THE SCHEME
Plans and specifications of the inner ring road — stage 1A bridge:
The Location and details of the bridge are shown on Plan No. BR/BA566/1/100.
Points of commencement and termination:
From a point south east of Blast Lane 242 metres north east of Sheffield Parkway, O.S. map reference 3628 8784, and proceeding north westwards over Blast Lane and the Sheffield & Tinsley Canal for a distance of 41 metres to a point north west of the Sheffield & Tinsley Canal, O.S. map reference 3623 8788.
The bridge comprises two spans, the first spanning Blast Lane and the second spanning the Sheffield & Tinsley Canal; the spans being 10.500 metres and 30.500 metres respectively.
Not less than 3.500 metres to canal and 2.690 metres to canal towpath.
A minimum clear navigable waterway of 12.250 metres.
The overall length of the bridge will be 41.000 metres and the overall width of the bridge will be 24.700 metres; having dual carriageways of 7.300 metres each, one with a 2.000 metres wide footway and one with a 3.00 metres wide footway, separated by a 4.000 metres wide central reserve. Group P2 vehicle/pedestrian parapets, with solid infill, will be attached on to 0.550 metres wide parapet upstands each side of the bridge.
THE COMMON SEAL of the Council was hereunto affixed in the presence of
Administration and Legal Department
15th December 1994
1980 c. 66.