1995 No. 1594
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The Kent County Council (Hale Street Medway Bridge) Scheme 1994 Confirmation Instrument 1995
31st May 1995
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this Instrument in exercise of powers conferred by section 106(3) of the Highways Act 1980(1), and now vested in him(2) and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf:—
1. The Kent County Council (Hale Street Medway Bridge) Scheme 1994 is hereby confirmed.
2. The said Scheme as confirmed (hereinafter referred to as “the Scheme”) is set out in the Schedule hereto and copies of the Scheme with its accompanying plans are deposited at the offices of the Department of Transport, Romney House, 43 Marsham Street, London SW1P 3PY, and at the offices of the Kent County Council, County Hall, Maidstone, Kent ME14 1XQ.
3. The Scheme will become operative on the date on which notice that it has been confirmed is first published in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 2 to the Highways Act 1980.
4. This Instrument may be cited as the Kent County Council (Hale Street Medway Bridge) Scheme 1994 Confirmation Instrument 1995.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State
Regional Director Government Office for the North East
Department of Transport
31st May 1995
SCHEDULETHE KENT COUNTY COUNCIL (HALE STREET MEDWAY BRIDGE) SCHEME 1994
The Kent County Council (hereinafter referred to as “the Council”) make this Scheme in exercise of its powers under Section 106(3) of the Highways Act 1980 and all other enabling powers:—
1. The Council is authorised to construct over the navigable waters of the River Medway, the bridge specified in the Schedule to this Scheme as part of the highway which they are proposing to construct form a point on the eastern boundary of Seven Mile Lane (A228) north of its junction with Maidstone Road (B2015), eastwards then southwards to a point on Branbridges Road (A228) south of its junction with Torbay Road and then to Whetsted Road (A228) south west of its junction with Maidstone Road (B2016), all in the Boroughs of Tonbridge and Malling, and Maidstone in the County of Kent.
2. This Scheme may be cited as The Kent County Council (Hale Street Medway Bridge) Scheme 1994.
THE SCHEDULE TO THE SCHEME
1. Plans and Specifications of the Bridge over the River Medway at Hale Street.
The site and general design of the bridge are shown on the plan numbered 1254/91 annexed hereto.
2. Points of commencement and termination
From a point 22.5 metres north of the northern bank of the River Medway, map reference 567650 148685 to a point 22.5 metres south of the southern bank of that River, map reference 567645 148620 all on Ordnance Sheet TQ6 4NE.
3. Overall dimensions
The bridge will be 25 metres wide overall and will carry 2 carriageways each 9.3 metres wide, with 1.5 metres wide footways. It will have an overall length of 74.8 metres.
4. Navigation Span
The navigation span will be 33.8 metres.
There will be a minimum headway of 3.8 metres over a width of 28 metres.
The minimum width of waterway will be 20 metres.
UDO 3161/92 (8/93)
Given under the Common Seal of the Council the 7th day of February 1994.
THE COMMON SEAL of THE KENT COUNTY COUNCIL WAS hereunto affixed in the presence of:—
Principal Solicitor Authorised Signatory
1980 c. 66.