1995 No. 1924
The Broadcasting (Restrictions on the Holding of Licences) (Amendment) Order 1995
20th July 1995
Coming into force
21st July 1995
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by sub-paragraphs 2(3)(a), 2(3)(b) and 2(4) of Part III of Schedule 2 of the Broadcasting Act 1990(1) and of all other enabling powers, hereby makes the following Order a draft of which has been laid before and approved by a resolution of each House of Parliament:—
1. This Order may be cited as the Broadcasting (Restrictions on the Holding of Licences) (Amendment) Order 1995 and comes into force on the day after the day on which it is made.
2. In paragraph 2(1)(e) of Part III of Schedule 2 to the Broadcasting Act 1990 (maximum number of licences to provide local radio services which a person may hold), for “twenty” substitute “thirty-five”.
3. The Broadcasting (Restrictions on the Holding of Licences) Order 1991(2) is amended as follows:—
(1) in paragraph (1) of article 11, for “20” substitute “35”;
(2) in article 12, omit paragraphs (4) and (5)
Secretary of State for National Heritage
20th July 1995
(This Note is not part of the Order)
This Order amends Schedule 2 to the Broadcasting Act 1990 by increasing the upper limit on the number of licences to provide local radio services which may be held by any one person from twenty to thirty-five.
This Order also amends the Broadcasting (Restrictions on the Holding of Licences) Order 1991 by removing a number of restrictions on the holding of licences to provide certain categories of local and national radio services and making one amendment in consequence of the above amendment to Schedule 2.
1990 c. 42.