1995 No. 2688
The A205 Trunk Road (Richmond) Temporary Restriction of Traffic Order 1995
7th October 1995
Coming into force
9th October 1995
The Traffic Director for London, following a direction given to him by the Secretary of State for Transport under section 58(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1991(1) and in exercise of the powers conferred on the Secretary of State by section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(2), and of all other enabling powers, hereby makes the following Order:—
1. This Order may be cited as the A205 Trunk Road (Richmond) Temporary Restriction of Traffic Order 1995, and shall come into force on 9th October 1995.
2. This Order is made because the Traffic Director for London is satisfied that traffic on the roads, or lengths of road, mentioned in the schedule to this Order should be restricted because highway works are being or are proposed to be executed on or near those roads or lengths of road.
3. During the period starting at 0600 hours on 9th October 1995 and ending when those works have been completed or at 0600 hours on 9th October 1996, whichever is the sooner, the restrictions specified in article 4 below shall have effect.
4. Subject to the provisions of article 5 below, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to—
(a) remain at rest in any of those lengths of road specified in article 2 above.
5.—(1) The restrictions specified in article 4 above shall apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs specified by regulations or authorised under section 64 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
(2) The restrictions specified in article 4 above shall not apply in respect of—
(i)any vehicle being used for the purpose of those works, or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes, or
(ii)anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a traffic warden.
6. During the period specified in article 3 above, the provisions of the A205 Trunk Road (Richmond and Wandsworth) Red Route Experimental Traffic Order 1995 are hereby suspended so far as they relate to any of the roads or lengths of road specified in the schedule to this Order.
Signed in accordance with a direction from the Secretary of State for Transport.
Traffic Director for London
7th October 1995
SCHEDULE (see article 2)
Roads and length of road subject to restrictions.
1. A205 Mortlake Road, east side from a point 6 metres north of the northern wall of 70 West Park Avenue northwards for a distance of 24 metres.
[A8.1.4. 19340 TRO 064]
1991 c. 40.
1984 c. 27.