1995 No. 2747
St. Paul’s Road and Corsica Street (Islington) Temporary Prohibition of Traffic Order 1995
16th October 1995
Coming into force
17th October 1995
The Traffic Director for London, in accordance with a direction given to him by the Secretary of State for Transport under section 58(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1991(1) and in exercise of the powers conferred on the Secretary of State by section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(2), and of all other enabling powers, hereby makes the following Order:—
1. This Order may be cited as the St. Paul’s Road and Corsica Street (Islington) Temporary Prohibition of Traffic Order 1995, and shall come into force on 17th October 1995.
2. This Order is made because the Traffic Director for London is satisfied that traffic on the roads, or lengths of road, mentioned in the schedule to this Order should be prohibited because works are being or are proposed to be executed on or near those roads or lengths of road.
3. During the period starting at 00.00 hours on 17th October 1995 for a period of three months or when those works have been completed, whichever is the sooner, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter or proceed in the lengths of road specified in paragraphs 1 and 2 of the schedule to this Order.
4.—(1) The prohibitions specified in article 3 above shall apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs specified by regulations or authorised under section 64 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
(2) The prohibitions specified in article 3 above shall not apply in respect of—
(i)any vehicle being used for the purpose of those works, or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purpose, or
(ii)anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a traffic warden, or
(iii)a vehicle being used to gain access to, or egress from, any premises adjacent to any of the roads or lengths of road mentioned in the schedule to this order.
Signed in accordance with a direction from the Secretary of State for Transport.
Traffic Director for London
16th October 1995
SCHEDULE (see article 3)
Roads and lengths of roads subject to prohibitions.
1. St Paul’s Road in the London Borough of Islington from its junction with Highbury Corner for a distance of 50 metres in an easterly direction.
2. Corsica Street in the London Borough of Islington from its junction with St Paul’s Road for a distance of 10 metres in a north easterly direction.
1991 c. 40.
1984 c. 27.