1995 No. 2840
CRIMINAL LAW, ENGLAND AND WALES
The Curfew Order (Responsible Officer) (Berkshire, Greater Manchester and Norfolk) Order 1995
1st November 1995
Coming into force
6th November 1995
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the power conferred upon him by section 12(4) and 30(1)(b) of the Criminal Justice Act 1991,(1) hereby makes the following Order:
Citation and Commencement
1. This Order may be cited as the Curfew Order (Responsible Officer) (Berkshire, Greater Manchester and Norfolk) Order 1995 and shall come into force on 6th November 1995.
2. In this Order “place of curfew” means a place specified by a curfew order as a place at which a person is required by the order to remain for the curfew periods.
Responsible Officer in Berkshire or Greater Manchester
3. Where a curfew order specifies a place in Berkshire or Greater Manchester as a place of curfew the responsible officer shall be an employee of Securicor Custodial Services Limited of Sutton Park, 15 Carshalton Road, Sutton, Surrey SM1 4LD.
Responsible Officer in Norfolk
4. Where a curfew order specifies a place in Norfolk as a place of curfew the responsible officer shall be an employee of Geografix Limited, Hurricane Way, Norwich NR6 6EW.
5. The Curfew Order (Responsible Officer) (City of Manchester, Reading and Norfolk) Order 1995(2) is hereby revoked.
Minister of State
1st November 1995
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order describes the persons who are to be made responsible, by a curfew order relating to a place of curfew in Berkshire, Greater Manchester or Norfolk, for monitoring an offender’s whereabouts during the curfew periods.
The Order also revokes the Curfew Order (Responsible Officer) (City of Manchester, Reading and Norfolk) Order 1995 (S.I. 1995/1379).
1991 c. 53. Section 12 was amended by the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 (c. 33), section 168(1) and Schedule 9, paragraph 41, and was brought into force by the Criminal Justice Act 1991 (Commencement No. 4) Order 1994 (S.I. 1994/3191).