1995 No. 2956
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The County Council of Staffordshire (Trent and Mersey Canal) Bridge Scheme 1994 Confirmation Instrument 1995
15th November 1995
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this Instrument in exercise of powers conferred by section 106(3) of the Highways Act 1980(1) and now vested in him(2), and of all other enabling powers:—
1. The County Council of Staffordshire (Trent and Mersey Canal) Bridge Scheme 1994 is hereby confirmed with modifications.
2. The said Scheme as confirmed (hereinafter referred to as “the Scheme”) is set out in the Schedule hereto and copies of the Scheme with its accompanying plan are deposited at the offices of the Department of Transport, Romney House, 43 Marsham Street, London SW1P 3PY, and at the offices of the Staffordshire County Council, PO Box 11, County Buildings, Martin Street, Stafford ST16 2LH.
3. The Scheme will become operative on the date on which notice that it has been confirmed is first published in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 2 to the Highways Act 1980.
4. This instrument may be cited as the County Council of Staffordshire (Trent and Mersey Canal) Bridge Scheme 1994 Confirmation Instrument 1995.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport.
Regional Director Government Office for the North East
15th November 1995
THE SCHEDULETHE COUNTY COUNCIL OF STAFFORDSHIRE (TRENT AND MERSEY CANAL) BRIDGE SCHEME 1994
The County Council of Staffordshire (hereinafter referred to as “the Council”) make this scheme in exercise of their powers under Section 106(3) of the Highways Act 1980 and of all other enabling powers:—
1. The Council are authorised to construct over the navigable waters of the Trent and Mersey Canal the bridge specified in the Schedule to this scheme as part of the highway which they are proposing to construct between the roundabout junction with Chatterley Road, Tunstall in the City of Stoke-on-Trent and the junction with the A500 trunk road, Porthill in the Borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme in the said County.
2. This scheme may be cited as the County Council of Staffordshire (Trent and Mersey Canal) Bridge Scheme 1994.
THE SCHEDULE TO THE SCHEMEPLANS AND SPECIFICATION OF THE CANAL BRIDGE
POINTS OF COMMENCEMENT AND TERMINATION
From a point on the westbank of the Trent and Mersey Canal 570 metres south of the Harecastle Tunnel to a point on the east bank of the Trent and Mersey Canal 547 metres south of the Harecastle Tunnel.
A single span of 10.415 metres.
Not less than 4.2 metres above water level and not less than 3.1 metres above towpath.
The width of the canal is reduced to 7 metres.
The Bridge will be 15.6 metres wide overall and will carry a 7.3 metre wide single carriageway with a 2 metre wide footway and a 2 metre wide hard verge on the north side and a 3 metre wide hard verge on the south side.
The Common Seal of the Staffordshire County Council was hereunto affixed the 22nd day of February 1994 in the presence of
J R Gregory
1980 c. 66.