1995 No. 2969
The A501 Trunk Road (North Gower Street) (Temporary Restriction of Traffic) Order 1995
20th November 1995
Coming into force
21st November 1995
The Traffic Director for London, following a direction given to him by the Secretary of State for Transport under section 58(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1991(1) and in exercise of the powers conferred on the Secretary of State by section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(2), and of all other enabling powers, hereby makes the following Order:|spagf|art|epagf||spagf|art|epagf|—
1. This Order may be cited as the A501 Trunk Road (North Gower Street) (Temporary Restriction of Traffic) Order 1995, and shall come into force on 21st November 1995.
2. This Order is made because the Traffic Director for London is satisfied that traffic on the roads, or lengths of road, mentioned in the schedule to this Order should be prohibited because works are being or are proposed to be executed on or near those roads or lengths of road.
3. During the period starting at 08.00 hours on 21st November 1995 and ending when those works have been completed, or at 16.00 hours on 11th December 1995, whichever is the sooner, the prohibitions specified in article 4 below shall have affect.
4. Subject to the provisions of article 5 below, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to—
(a)Enter or leave North Gower Street at its junction with Euston Road.
5.—(1) The prohibition specified in article 4 above shall apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs specified by regulations or authorised under section 64 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
(2) The prohibition specified in article 4 above shall not apply in respect of—
(i)any vehicle being used for the purpose of those works, for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(ii)anything done with the permission at the direction of a Police Constable in uniform or a traffic warden:
6. During the period specified in article 3 above, the provisions of the Camden (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Special Parking Area) Order 1993. The Camden (Prescribed Route) (No. 6) Traffic Order 1991 and the Camden (Parking Places) (CA-E) Order 1993 are hereby suspended so far as they relate to any of the roads or lengths of road specified in the schedule to this Order.
Signed in accordance with a direction from the Secretary of State for Transport.
Traffic Director for London
20th November 1995
SCHEDULE (see Article 2)
Roads and lengths of roads subject to restrictions:
North Gower Street at its junction with Euston Road
1991 c. 40.
1984 c. 27.