1995 No. 3126
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The County Council of Clwyd (River Dee Estuary Bridge) (Variation) Scheme 1995 Confirmation Instrument 1995
4th December 1995
The Secretary of State for Wales makes this Instrument in exercise of powers conferred by section 106(3) of the Highways Act 1980(1) and of all other enabling powers.
1. The County Council of Clwyd (River Dee Estuary Bridge) (Variation) Scheme 1995 is hereby confirmed without modification.
2. The said Scheme as confirmed (hereinafter referred to as “the Scheme”) is set out in the Schedule hereto and copies of the Scheme with its accompanying plan are deposited at the Welsh Office Repository, Curran Embankment, Cardiff and at the offices of Clwyd County Council, Shire Hall, Mold, Clwyd.
3. The Scheme will become operative on the date on which notice that it has been confirmed is first published in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 2 to the Highways Act 1980.
4. This Instrument may be cited as The County Council of Clwyd (River Dee Estuary Bridge) (Variation) Scheme 1995 Confirmation Instrument 1995.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State
P R Marsden
A Grade 6 Officer in the Welsh Office
4th December 1995
THE SCHEDULE TO THE INSTRUMENTTHE COUNTY COUNCIL OF CLWYD (RIVER DEE ESTUARY BRIDGE) (VARIATION) SCHEME 1995
The County Council of Clwyd makes this scheme in exercise of its powers under section 106(3) and section 326 of the Highways Act 1980 and of all other enabling powers:—
1. The County Council of Clwyd (River Dee Estuary Bridge) Scheme 1992 (“the 1992 Scheme”) is hereby varied as follows:—
(1) Drawing No. 93/0017/DC02—Proposed Temporary Support, attached hereto shall be attached to the 1992 Scheme and included in the list of documents referred to in the Schedule to that Scheme as being attached thereto.
(2) In the description of the Construction of the bridge in the Schedule to the 1992 Scheme omit the final two sentences and substitute—
“The main span over the navigation channel will be constructed by temporary bridging (Bailey Bridge or similar) supported from tubular steel piled piers at approximately 30 metre centres across the channel. These temporary piers will be arranged to provide minimum interference to the river flow and navigation.”
(3) In the description of the Span and Tower in the Schedule to the 1992 Scheme, delete the second sentence and substitute—
“During construction, this will be reduced to 14.0 metres temporarily to accommodate the deck falsework etc. The width of the clear span over the main navigation channel will be temporarily reduced to 25 metres to accommodate the temporary support to this falsework. (These reduced clearances estimated to be required for approximately six months).”
2. This scheme may be cited as The County Council Council of Clwyd (River Dee Estuary Bridge)(Variation) Scheme 1995.
Given under the Common Seal of the Council the 26th day of September 1995.
THE COMMON SEAL of THE COUNTY COUNCIL OF CLWYD was hereunto affixed in the presence of:—
Chairman of the Council
J A Loveridge
County Secretary and Solicitor
1980 c. 66.