1995 No. 3156 (S.231)
The Marriage (Prescription of Forms) (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 1995
29th November 1995
Coming into force
1st January 1996
The Registrar General, in exercise of the powers conferred upon him by sections 3(1), 6(1), 7(2) and 26 of the Marriage (Scotland) Act 1977(1), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf and with the approval of the Secretary of State under section 25 of that Act, hereby makes the following Regulations:
Citation and commencement
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Marriage (Prescription of Forms) (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 1995 and shall come into force on 1st January 1996.
2. In these Regulations, unless the context otherwise requires—
“the principal regulations” means the Marriage (Prescription of Forms) (Scotland) Regulations 1977(2).
Amendment of principal regulations
3. For the form set out in Schedule 1 to the principal regulations(3) there shall be substituted the form set out in Schedule 1 to these Regulations.
4. For the form set out in Schedule 2 to the principal regulations there shall be substituted the form set out in Schedule 2 to these Regulations.
5. For the form set out in Schedule 3 to the principal regulations there shall be substituted the form set out in Schedule 3 to these Regulations.
6. Regulation 3 of and Schedule 1 to the Marriage (Prescription of Forms) (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 1986(4) is hereby revoked.
Registrar General for Scotland
New Register House,
23rd November 1995
Approved by the Secretary of State
Minister of State, Scottish Office
St Andrew’s House,
29th November 1995
SCHEDULE 1MARRIAGE NOTICE – SCOTLAND
SCHEDULE 2MARRIAGE SCHEDULE
SCHEDULE 3CERTIFICATE OF NO IMPEDIMENT
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations amend the Marriage (Prescription of Forms) (Scotland) Regulations 1977 so as to substitute revised forms for the Marriage Notice, Marriage Schedule and Certificate of no impediment to marriage. The revised forms make provision for female occupations to be inserted on the forms where appropriate. Other changes are minor and include changes to the style and layout of the forms.
1977 c. 15: section 3(1) was amended by paragraph 3, and section 6(1), by paragraph 5, of Schedule 2 to the Marriage (Prohibited Degrees of Relationship) Act 1986 (c. 16). Section 26 contains a definition of “prescribed” relevant to the exercise of the statutory powers under which these Regulations are made.
S.I. 1977/1671; amended by S.I. 1986/1622 and 1986/1954.
The form was amended by regulation 3 of S.I. 1986/1622.