1999 No. 2764
The Army Terms of Service (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 1999
4th October 1999
Laid before Parliament
8th October 1999
Coming into force
1st November 1999
The Defence Council, in exercise of the powers conferred on them by section 2 of the Armed Forces Act 1966(1), hereby make the following Regulations:
Citation and commencement
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Army Terms of Service (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 1999 and shall come into force on 1st November 1999.
Amendments to Regulations
2.—(1) The Army Terms of Service Regulations 1992(2) shall be amended in accordance with the following provisions of this regulation.
(2) For paragraph (3) of regulation 5 (right to transfer to the reserve) there shall be substituted—
“(3) Subject to paragraph (4), the notice period shall be 4 years.”
(3) Regulation 7A (right of recruit to determine service) shall be re-numbered regulation 7.
(4) In regulation 10 (right of home service personnel to determine service)—
(a)in paragraph (2), for the words “3 years” there shall be substituted the words “4 years”; and
(b)in paragraph (4), for the words “regulation 7A” there shall be substituted the words “regulation 7”.
3. The Army Terms of Service Regulations 1992 shall continue to apply without the amendments made by regulation 2(2) and (4)(a) in relation to any person whose date of attestation is before 1st November 1999.
On behalf of the Defence Council
Mr. R. T. Jackling
General Sir Charles Guthrie
Members of the Defence Council
4th October 1999
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations amend the Army Terms of Service Regulations 1992 (“the 1992 Regulations”).
Regulation 2(2) amends regulation 5(3) of the 1992 Regulations to increase from 3 to 4 years the notice period following which a person enlisted for a term of 22 years is to have the right to be transferred to the reserve. A similar amendment is made by regulation 2(4)(a) to regulation 10 of the 1992 Regulations which deals with the right of home service personnel to determine service. Regulation 2(3) amends the numbering of the 1992 Regulations to correct a defect in the drafting of the Army Terms of Service (Amendment) Regulations 1999.
1996 c. 45; amendments have been made to section 2 which are not relevant to these Regulations.
1992/1365; amended by S.I. 1996/2973 and 1999/1610.