1999 No. 3155
CRIMINAL LAW, ENGLAND AND WALES
The Curfew Order (Responsible Officer) Order 1999
23rd November 1999
Coming into force
1st December 1999
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred upon him by sections 12(4) and 30(1)(b) of the Criminal Justice Act 1991(1), hereby makes the following Order:
1. This Order may be cited as the Curfew Order (Responsible Officer) Order 1999 and shall come into force on 1st December 1999.
2. In this Order–
“place of curfew” means a place specified in a curfew order as a place at which the offender is required to remain for periods for the time being specified in the curfew order;
“responsible officer” means the person responsible for monitoring the offender’s whereabouts during the periods for the time being specified in the curfew order;
and a reference to an area is to be taken as a reference to a police area or, as the case may be, the City of London police area or the metropolitan police district, within the meanings given by section 101(1) of the Police Act 1996(2).
3. Where a curfew order specifies a place in an area specified in Schedule 1 to this Order as a place of curfew, the responsible officer shall be an employee of Premier Monitoring Services Limited of Berkshire Court, Western Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1RE.
4. Where a curfew order specifies a place in an area specified in Schedule 2 to this Order as a place of curfew, the responsible officer shall be an employee of Securicor Custodial Services Limited of Sutton Park, 15 Carshalton Road, Sutton, Surrey SM1 4LD.
5. Where a curfew order specifies a place in an area specified in Schedule 3 to this Order as a place of curfew, the responsible officer shall be an employee of GSSC of Europe Limited of Carmelite, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DX.
6. The Curfew Order (Responsible Officer) Order 1997(3), the Curfew Order (Responsible Officer) (Amendment) Order 1998(4) and the Curfew Order (Responsible Officer) (Amendment) Order 1999(5) are hereby revoked.
Minister of State
23rd November 1999
SCHEDULE 1AREAS IN WHICH THE RESPONSIBLE OFFICER SHALL BE AN EMPLOYEE OF PREMIER MONITORING SERVICES LIMITED
City of London police area
Metropolitan police district
SCHEDULE 2AREAS IN WHICH THE RESPONSIBLE OFFICER SHALL BE AN EMPLOYEE OF SECURICOR CUSTODIAL SERVICES LIMITED
SCHEDULE 3AREAS IN WHICH THE RESPONSIBLE OFFICER SHALL BE AN EMPLOYEE OF GSSC OF EUROPE LIMITED
Avon and Somerset
Devon and Cornwall
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order specifies the descriptions of persons who are to be made responsible, by a curfew order relating to a place of curfew in any part of England and Wales, for monitoring an offender’s whereabouts during the curfew periods.
1991 c. 53. Section 12 was amended, so far as is relevant for these purposes, by the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 (c. 33), section 168(1) and Schedule 9, paragraph 41, and was brought into force by the Criminal Justice Act 1991 (Commencement No. 4) Order 1994 (S.I. 1994/3191).
1996 c. 16.
S.I. 1997/2351, as amended by S.I. 1998/3067 and S.I. 1999/10.