Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland
1999 No. 69
LOUGH NEAGH DRAINAGE
Lough Neagh (Levels) Scheme (Confirmation) Order (Northern Ireland) 1999
19th February 1999
Coming into operation
18th March 1999
The Department of Agriculture (hereinafter called “the Department”) has in accordance with section 1(1) of the Lough Neagh and Lower Bann Drainage and Navigation Act (Northern Ireland) 1955(1) (hereinafter called “the Act”) prepared the Scheme set out in the Schedule to the following Order for the regulation and control of the levels of Lough Neagh:
AND WHEREAS all the provisions of section 2 of the Act have been complied with in relation to that Scheme:
AND WHEREAS the Department has considered such observations as were sent to it with regard to the Scheme:
NOW THEREFORE the Department in exercise of the powers conferred by section 3(1) and (2) of the Act and now vested in it(2), hereby makes the following Order:
1. This Order may be cited as the Lough Neagh (Levels) Scheme (Confirmation) Order (Northern Ireland) 1999.
Confirmation of Scheme
2. The Department hereby confirms the Scheme set out in the Schedule without modification.
Date of Operation of Scheme
3. The Scheme set out in the Schedule shall be put into operation on and from 18th March 1999.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland on
19th February 1999.
SCHEDULELough Neagh (Levels) Scheme 1995
1. As from such date as may be prescribed by an Order made under sub-section (2) of section 3 of the Act the Lough Neagh (Levels) Scheme 1955 (hereinafter referred to as “the 1955 Scheme”) shall be supplemented and modified in the manner hereinafter appearing.
2. For the words “50.5 feet above Ordnance Datum and 50.0 feet above Ordnance Datum” in Article 1 of the 1955 Scheme there shall be substituted the words “12.60 metres above Ordnance Datum (Mean Sea Level Belfast) and 12.45 metres above Ordnance Datum (Mean Sea Level Belfast).”.
3. Article 2 of the 1955 Scheme shall no longer apply.
4. For the words “50.0 feet and 52.0 feet above O.D.” in Article 3 there shall be substituted the words “12.45 metres and 13.1 metres above O.D. (Mean Sea Level Belfast)”.
5. In this Scheme and in the 1955 Scheme references to the level of the Lough shall be construed as references to the mean level of the Lough as recorded on the system maintained by the Department at Toome on the northern shore of the Lough and at Derryadd on the southern shore and consequently Article 5 of the 1955 Scheme shall no longer apply.
6. This Scheme may be cited as the Lough Neagh (Levels) Scheme 1995.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland this
10th day of November 1995.
(This note is not part of the Order.)
This Order confirms the Lough Neagh (Levels) Scheme 1995 and prescribes 18th March 1999 as the date on and from which it shall be put into operation.
1955 c. 15 (N.I.) as amended by 1970 c. 7(N.I.)
S.R. & O. (N.I.) 1964 No. 205