1999 No. 3265
ECCLESIASTICAL LAW, ENGLAND
The Payments to the Churches Conservation Trust Order 1999
Made (Approved by the General Synod)
15th November 1999
Laid before Parliament
8th December 1999
Coming into force
1st April 2000
We, the Church Commissioners for England, in exercise of the powers conferred on us by Section 53(1) of the Pastoral Measure 1983 (“the 1983 Measure”)(1) do hereby order as follows:—
1. The amount to be paid to the Churches Conservation Trust (“the Trust”) by the Church Commissioners during the three year period 1st April 2000 to 31st March 2003, hereby determined as the funding period for the purposes of Part III of the 1983 Measure, shall not exceed £3,783,000.
2. The maximum amount of the payments which may be made to the Trust under section 52(1)(a) of the 1983 Measure out of the one-third of the net proceeds of sale and premiums shall not exceed £800,000 and such payments shall be applied towards the £3,783,000 referred to in paragraph 1.
3. Subject to paragraph 4 hereof, the balance of the said amount of £3,783,000 shall be paid in such amounts as the Church Commissioners shall determine, either under section 53(1)(c) of the 1983 Measure from any remaining balance of the said one-third of the net proceeds of sale and premiums, or by way of grants made to the Trust by the Church Commissioners under section 44(10) of the 1983 Measure out of their General Fund.
4. A payment on account of the said £3,783,000 shall be made to the Trust only when the Church Commissioners have determined that the payment is an appropriate proportion of a specific sum of money needed by the Trust and are satisfied the balance of that sum will be paid to the Trust out of moneys provided by Parliament.
5. This Order may be cited as The Payments to the Churches Conservation Trust Order 1999 and shall come into force on 1st April 2000.
The COMMON SEAL of the CHURCH COMMISSIONERS was hereunto affixed this 1st day of October 1999
Howell Harris Hughes
APPROVED by the General Synod of the Church of England the 15th day of November 1999
P J C Mawer
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order provides that for the period 1st April 2000 to 31st March 2003 sums up to a total of £3,783,000 may be paid to the Churches Conservation Trust, either out of the net proceeds of sale of redundant churches or by way of grant from the Church Commissioners.
1983 No. 1 as amended by the Pastoral (Amendment) Measure 1994 (No. 1).