Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland
1998 No. 439
The Hill Livestock (Compensatory Allowances) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1998
10th December 1998
Coming into operation
8th December 1998
The Department of Agriculture being a Department designated(1) for the purposes of section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972(2) in relation to the common agricultural policy of the European Community, in exercise of the powers conferred on it by the said section 2(2) and of every other power enabling it in that behalf, hereby makes the following Regulations:
Citation, commencement and interpretation
1.—(1) These Regulations may be cited as the Hill Livestock (Compensatory Allowances) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1998 and shall come into operation on 8th December 1998.
(2) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954(3) shall apply to these Regulations as it applies to a Measure of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
2. For regulations 8(2) of the Hill Livestock (Compensatory Allowances) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1966(4) there shall be substituted–
“(2) An application for a compensatory allowance for ewes in respect of any Scheme year shall be lodged with the Department between 8th December in the preceding Scheme year and 8th January in the Scheme year in respect of which the application is made (both dates inclusive).”.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland on
10th December 1998.
(This note is not part of the Regulations.)
1. These Regulations further amend the Hill Livestock (Compensatory Allowances) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1996 (“the principal Regulations”) to provide for a shorter period in which to apply for compensatory allowances for ewes in respect of any marketing year.
2. In respect of a particular marketing year such an application must be delivered to the Department on or after 8th December in the preceding calendar year and not later than 8th January in the marketing year concerned.
3. The principal Regulations, as amended, continue to comply with the Council Regulations set out in the Explanatory Note to those Regulations.
1972 c. 68; section 2 is subject to Schedule 2 to that Act and is to be read with S.I. 1984/703 (N.I. 3), S.R. 1984 No. 253 and S.I. 1994/2795 (N.I. 15)
1954 c. 33 (N.I.)
S.R. 1996 No. 230 as amended by S.R. 1997 No. 13 and S.R. 1997 No. 486 and S.R. 1998 No. 34