1998 No. 810
HOUSING, ENGLAND AND WALES
The Relocation Grants (Form of Application) (Amendment) Regulations 1998
18th March 1998
Coming into force
13th April 1998
The Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by section 132(4) of the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996(1) and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, hereby makes the following Regulations:
Citation and commencement
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Relocation Grants (Form of Application) (Amendment) Regulations 1998 and shall come into force on 13th April 1998.
2. The form set out in the Schedule to the Relocation Grants (Form of Application) Regulations 1997(2) is amended in accordance with the provisions of the Schedule to these Regulations.
3. These Regulations shall not have effect in relation to applications for a relocation grant made before the 13th April 1998.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State,
Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions
18th March 1998
SCHEDULEAMENDMENTS TO THE FORM ENTITLED
“APPLICATION FOR RELOCATION GRANT”
1. For question 4.1 substitute—
2. Renumber question 4.1a as question 4.1A.
3. For question 4.6, substitute—
4. For question 4.7, substitute—
5. Omit question 4.22.
6. In question 4.29 insert in the appropriate place—
7. In question 4.31, insert in the appropriate place—
8. In question 4.38—
(a)omit “, or one or more of the children,” (where those words first occur);
(b)for the words after “local authority,” to “eleventh birthday” substitute “and the charge relates to a period beginning on the child’s 8th birthday and ending on the day before the first Monday in September following his 12th birthday”; and
(c)above “(If “Yes” for one or more” insert—
“(If you have named more than one child in question 4.15, please give this information in respect of each child.)”.
9. For the Authorisation substitute—
10. In note 19 of the Notes at the end of the form, after the words “income support”, insert “or an income-based jobseeker’s allowance.”.
11. Omit note 28.
12. At the end of the list in the first paragraph of note 43, add—
“mandatory top-up payments made to you for participation in the Voluntary Sector Option of the New Deal or in the Environment Task Force Option of the New Deal made under section 2 of the Employment and Training Act 1973;
discretionary payments for special needs made to you for participation in the Full-Time Education and Training Option of the New Deal made under section 2 of the Employment and Training Act 1973;”(3).
13. After note 43, insert—
“43A. This means a payment made under the Community Care (Direct Payments) Act 1996 or under section 12B of the Social Work (Scotland) Act 1968.”(4).
14. After note 45, insert—
“45A. This means a Career Development Loan paid under section 2 of the Employment and Training Act 1973.”.
15. At the beginning of the list in the first paragraph of note 50, insert—
“concessionary coal or payments made in lieu under section 19(1)(a) of the Coal Industry Act 1994;”(5).
16. In note 51 for the last entry in the list in the second paragraph, substitute—
“capital administered by the courts of England and Wales or Scotland for any person, deriving from an award of damages for personal injury to that person or, in the case of a person under the age of 18, from compensation for the death of one or both parents.”.
17. At the end of note 53, add—
“You should also answer “No” to this question where your child care expenses have been reimbursed in respect of your participation in an employment programme specified in regulation 75(1)(a)(ii) of the Jobseeker’s Allowance Regulations 1996 or in a training scheme specified in regulation 75(1)(b)(ii) of those Regulations.”.
18. After note 55, insert—
“55A. It may help the Council to process the application more quickly if each person who receives income support or an income-based jobseeker’s allowance completes the authorisation at the end of Part 3. However, there is no obligation to do this.”.
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
The principal relocation grant Regulations, the Relocation Grants Regulations 1997, apply the Housing Renewal Grants Regulations 1996 (S.I. 1996/2890) as they have effect from time to time, with the modifications prescribed. Amendments to the Housing Renewal Grants Regulations 1996 by the Housing Renewal Grants (Amendment) Regulations 1998 (S.I. 1998/880) have, accordingly necessitated amendments to the Relocation Grants (Form of Application) Regulations 1997, and these Regulations make the necessary amendments, as well as making minor drafting amendments.
1996 c. 53.
1973 c. 50; section 2 was amended by section 25 of the Employment Act 1988 (c. 19).
1996 c. 30; 1968 c. 49; section 12B was inserted by the Community Care (Direct Payments) Act 1996 (c. 30), section 4.
1994 c. 21.