1998 No. 866
The A41 Trunk Road (Camden) (Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) (No.2) Order 1998
20th March 1998
Coming into force
6th April 1998
The Traffic Director for London, in accordance with a direction given to him by the Secretary of State under section 58(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1991(1) and in exercise of the powers conferred on the Secretary of State by section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(2), and of all other enabling powers, hereby makes the following Order:—
1. This Order may be cited as the A41 Trunk Road (Camden) (Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) (No 2) Order 1998, and shall come into force on 6th April 1998.
2. This Order is made because the Traffic Director for London is satisfied that traffic on the roads, or lengths of road, mentioned in the schedule to this Order should be prohibited because works are being or are proposed to be executed on or near those roads or lengths of road.
3. During the period starting at 00.01 hours on 6th April 1998 for a period of four months, or when those works have been completed, whichever is the sooner, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to stop at any time in the roads, or lengths of roads, specified in the schedule to this Order.
4.—(1) The prohibitions specified in article 3 above shall apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs specified by regulations or authorised under section 64 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
(2) The prohibitions specified in article 3 above shall not apply in respect of—
(i)any vehicle being used for the purpose of those works, or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes, or
(ii)anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a traffic warden.
5. In so far as, and during such times as, the prohibition specified in article 3 above is in force, the provisions of the A41 Trunk Road (Camden) Red Route Experimental (No.2) Traffic Order 1997(3) are hereby suspended so far as they relate to the roads or lengths of roads specified in the schedule to this Order.
Signed in accordance with a direction from the Secretary of State.
Traffic Director for London
20th March 1998
(see article 3)
SCHEDULERoads and lengths of roads subject to prohibitions.
1. A41 Finchley Road in the London Borough of Camden, the north-east side, between a point opposite the party wall of Nos. 158 and 160 Finchley Road and a point 15 metres south-east thereof.
2. A41 Finchley Road in the London Borough of Camden, the north-east side, between a point opposite the party wall of Nos 9 and 10 Frognal Parade and a point 15 metres south thereof.
3. A41 Finchley Road in the London Borough of Camden, the north-east side, between a point 3.0 metres south-east of the south-eastern kerb-line of Frognal Court and a point 14.0 metres south-east of the said kerb-line.
1991 c. 40.
1984 c. 27.