1998 No. 904
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The Northamptonshire County Council (A45 Nene Valley Way Widening) (Bridge Over The River Nene) Scheme 1997 Confirmation Instrument 1998
23rd March 1998
Coming into force in accordance with article 1
The Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions makes this Instrument in exercise of powers conferred by section 106(3) of the Highways Act 1980(1) and now vested in him(2) and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf:
1. This Instrument may be cited as “the Northamptonshire County Council (A45 Nene Valley Way Widening) (Bridge over the River Nene) Scheme 1997 Confirmation Instrument 1998” and shall come into force on the date on which notice that it has been confirmed is first published in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 2 to the Highways Act 1980.
2. The Northamptonshire County Council (A45 Nene Valley Way Widening) (Bridge over the River Nene) Scheme 1997 (“the Scheme”) is hereby confirmed without modifications.
3. The Scheme as confirmed is set out in the Schedule hereto and copies of the Scheme with its accompanying plan are deposited at the offices of the Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions, St Christopher House, Southwark Street, London SE1 0TE, and at the offices of the Council of the Northamptonshire County Council at County Hall, Northampton NN1 1AW.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions
Dr D R Dobbie
Regional Director, Government Office for the North East
23 March 1998
THE SCHEDULENORTHAMPTONSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (A45 NENE VALLEY WAY WIDENING) (BRIDGE OVER THE RIVER NENE) SCHEME 1997
The Northamptonshire County Council (hereinafter referred to as “the Council”) makes this Scheme in exercise of their power under Section 106(3) of the Highways Act 1980 and of all other powers enabling them in that behalf:—
1. The Council are authorised to construct over the navigable waters of the River Nene the Bridge specified in the Schedule to this Scheme as part of the highway which they are proposing to construct from a point 45 metres south-west of the Hardingstone Dyke in a generally north-easterly direction to a point approximately 92.9 metres north-east of the Hardingstone Dyke in the Borough of Northampton in the said County.
2. This Scheme may be cited as the Northamptonshire County Council (A45 Nene Valley Way Widening) (Bridge over the River Nene) Scheme 1997.
THE SCHEDULE TO THE SCHEMEPLANS AND SPECIFICATIONS OF THE BRIDGE CROSSING THE RIVER NENE
NORTHAMPTONSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (A45 NENE VALLEY WAY WIDEN ING) (BRIDGE OVER THE RIVER NENE) SCHEME 1997
(This plan being bound up within the Order)
South east of Northampton Town Centre
The bridge is to the north-west of and runs parallel to the existing bridge on the A45 between Brackmills Interchange and Barnes Meadow Interchange.
The Bridge will be 15.4 metres wide overall and carry a three lane carriageway, two lanes each 3.5 metres wide and one lane 3.3 metres wide with a one metre wide footway and a one metre wide hardstrip on the north-west side and a two metre wide footway on the south-east side. The overall length will be 137.9 metres.
POINTS OF COMMENCEMENT AND TERMINATION
The bridge commences on the south-west bank of the Navigable River Nene approximately 45 metres to the south-west of the Hardingstone Dyke.
The bridge terminates on the north-east bank of the Navigable River Nene approximately 92.9 metres to the north-east of the Hardingstone Dyke.
TYPE OF CONSTRUCTION
Steel/concrete composite deck supported on reinforced concrete piers and abutments.
MAIN NAVIGATION SPAN
The main Navigation Span is 34.85 metres.
Not less than 3.8 metres above normal water level and 3.8 metres above towpath level.
A minimum width of navigable channel of 32.0 metres at water level.
THE COMMON SEAL of NORTHAMPTONSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL was hereunto affixed on the 29th September 1997 in the presence of:—
County Solicitor (the Officer appointed for this purpose)
1980 c. 66.