1998 No. 1588
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The M3 Motorway (Minley Interchange Connecting Roads) Scheme 1998
26th June 1998
Coming into force
24th July 1998
The Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions makes this Scheme in exercise of powers conferred by sections 16 and 17 of the Highways Act 1980(1) and now vested in him(2), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf:—
1. This Scheme may be cited as the M3 Motorway (Minley Interchange Connecting Roads) Scheme 1998 and shall come into force on 24th July 1998.
2. In this Scheme:
(1) all measurements of distance are measured along the route of the relevant highway;
(2) (i) “connecting roads” means the special roads along the route described in the Schedule to this Scheme;
(ii)“the plan” means the plan numbered HA16/PS/23/D marked “The M3 Motorway (Minley Interchange Connecting Roads) Scheme 1998”, signed by authority of the Secretary of State and deposited at the Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions, Great Minster House, Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DR; and
(iii)“the special roads” means all the connecting roads.
3. The Secretary of State is authorised to provide the special roads for the exclusive use of traffic of Classes I and II of the classes of traffic set out in Schedule 4 to the Highways Act 1980.
4. The centre line of each of the special roads is indicated by a heavy black line on the plan.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions
Divisional Director, Highways Agency
26th June 1998
SCHEDULEROUTES OF THE CONNECTING ROADS
Four routes to connect the eastbound and westbound carriageways of the M3 Motorway with the A327 at Cove in the County of Hampshire, the connecting roads along these routes being respectively given the reference numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the plan.
1980 c. 66.