1998 No. 1705
The A205 Trunk Road (Lewisham) Red Route (Prescribed Route) Experimental Traffic Order 1998
10th July 1998
Coming into force
24th July 1998
The Traffic Director for London, in accordance with a direction given to him by the Secretary of State under section 58(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1991(1) and in exercise of the powers conferred on the Secretary of State by sections 9 and 10 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(2), and of all other enabling powers, hereby makes the following Order:–
Commencement and citation
1. This Order may be cited as The A205 Trunk Road (Lewisham) Red Route (Prescribed Route) Experimental Traffic Order 1998, and shall come into force on 24th July 1998.
2. In this Order–
(a)a reference to an article followed by a number is a reference to the article of this Order so numbered;
(b)cause includes permit;
(c)“Stanstead Road (south arm)” means that length of the A205 Trunk Road between Catford Hill and Stanstead Road (north arm) in the London Borough of Lewisham known as Stanstead Road;
(d)“Stanstead Road (north arm)” means that length of the A205 Trunk Road fronting St. Dunstan’s College in the London borough of Lewisham known as Stanstead Road;
(e)“Glenwood Road” means that road so named in the London Borough of Lewisham.
3. Subject to the provisions of article 4, no person shall cause any vehicle to travel in Stanstead Road (south arm) from its junction with Glenwood Road to its junction with Stanstead Road (north arm) in any direction except north-westwards.
4. The controls specified in article 3 do not apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a traffic warden.
Power to modify or suspend this Order
5. If it appears to the Traffic Director for London, or some person authorised by him, essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic, or of the provision of suitable and adequate parking facilities on the highway, or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by this Order runs, and after consulting with the Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis, he may modify or suspend any provision of this Order, save that no modification shall make an addition.
Revocation of existing Orders
6. The London Traffic (Prescribed Routes) (Lewisham) Regulations 1962(3) is hereby revoked.
Signed in accordance with a direction from the Secretary of State.
Traffic Director for London
10th July 1998
1991 c. 40.
1984 c. 27.