1998 No. 3258
The NCIS Service Authority (Levying) (Amendment) Order 1998
22nd December 1998
Laid before Parliament
8th January 1999
Coming into force
1st February 1999
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by section 17 of the Police Act 1997(1), hereby makes the following Order:
1. This Order may be cited as the NCIS Service Authority (Levying) (Amendment) Order 1998 and shall come into force on 1st February 1999.
2.—(1) The NCIS Service Authority (Levying) Order 1997(2) shall be amended in accordance with the following paragraphs.
(2) Paragraph (4) of article 13 (payment of the levy) shall be omitted; and accordingly, in paragraphs (2) and (3) of that article, the words “Subject to paragraph (4) below” shall be omitted.
(3) For the Schedule there shall be substituted the following Schedule:
Articles 9 and 10
“SCHEDULEAPPORTIONMENT OF LEVIES
1. Each police authority shall contribute to the total amount of the levies issued under section 62 of the 1997 Act a sum which is such proportion of that total amount as is equal to the proportion which the amount of the grant made to that authority for the relevant year under section 46 of the 1996 Act bears to the aggregate amount of grants made for the relevant year under that section.
2. In this Schedule, any reference to the amount of grant made under section 46 of the 1996 Act or to the aggregate amount of grants so made shall be construed as a reference to the amount of grant or, as the case may be, aggregate amount of grants made in pursuance of a formula or other rule applied under subsection (4) of that section which applies to all police authorities; and accordingly any special payment made to one or more police authorities in pursuance of any other formula or rule, or of any consideration taken into account in relation to that police authority under subsection (3) of that section, shall for the purposes of this Schedule be disregarded.”.
Minister of State
22nd December 1998
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order amends the NCIS Service Authority (Levying) Order 1997 by substituting, for the Schedule to that Order, the Schedule set out in article 2(2) of the Order. The Schedule contains the formula for apportionment between police authorities of the total amount of the levies which the NCIS Service Authority proposes to issue for the financial year. The Order also provides for the omission of article 13(4) of that Order, which is spent.
1997 c. 50.