1998 No. 77
The A1 Trunk Road (Islington) Red Route Traffic Order 1993 Experimental Variation Order 1998
19th January 1998
Coming into force
27th January 1998
The Traffic Director for London, in accordance with a direction given to him by the Secretary of State under section 58(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1991(1) and in exercise of the powers conferred on the Secretary of State by sections 9 and 10 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(2), and of all other enabling powers, hereby makes the following Order:—
Commencement and citation
1. This Order may be cited as The A1 Trunk Road (Islington) Red Route Traffic Order 1993 Experimental Variation Order 1998, and shall come into force on 27th January 1998.
2. The A1 Trunk Road (Islington) Red Route Traffic Order 1993(3) is varied in accordance with the following provisions of this Order.
3. In schedule 4 the text “NO STOPPING AT ANY TIME” is substituted as follows:
“PART I—NO STOPPING AT ANY TIME WITH CERTAIN EXEMPTIONS FOR PICKING UP & SETTING DOWN”
4. In schedule 4 item 49 is substituted as follows:
“From a point 95.0 metres south of the southern kerbline of Duncan Street to its junction with Pentonville Road.”
5. In schedule 4 the following text is added after item 65 as follows:
“PART II—NO STOPPING AT ANY TIME(No Boarding and Alighting exemption)
ISLINGTON HIGH STREET/UPPER STREET
66. From its junction with the southern kerbline of Duncan Street to a point 95.0 metres south of the aforementioned kerbline.”
6. In article 7 after the text “7.” the following text is added:
7. In article 7 the following new paragraph (2) is added as follows:
“Nothing in sections (a), (b) and (c) of paragraph (1) of this article apply to any length of road specified in part II of schedule 4”
Power to modify or suspend this Order
8. If it appears to the Traffic Director for London, or some person authorised by him, essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic, or of the provision of suitable and adequate parking facilities on the highway, or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by this Order runs, and after consulting with the Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis, he may modify or suspend any provision of this Order, save that no modification shall make an addition.
Signed in accordance with a direction from the Secretary of State.
Traffic Director for London
19th January 1998
1991 c. 40.
1984 c. 27.