1997 No. 541
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The Lancashire County Council (Westgate Link Road, Burnley) (The New Barracks Canal Bridge) Scheme 1996 Confirmation Instrument 1997
28th February 1997
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this Instrument in exercise of powers conferred by section 106(3) of the Highways Act 1980(1) and now vested in him (2) and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf:
1. This Instrument may be cited as “The Lancashire County Council (Westgate Link Road, Burnley) (The New Barracks Canal Bridge) Scheme 1996 Confirmation Instrument 1997” and shall come into force on the date on which notice that it has been confirmed is first published in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 2 to the Highways Act 1980.
2. The Lancashire County Council (Westgate Link Road, Burnley) (The New Barracks Canal Bridge) Scheme 1996 (“the Scheme”) is hereby confirmed with modifications.
3. The Scheme as confirmed is set out in the Schedule hereto and copies of the Scheme withits accompanying plan as modified are deposited at the offices of the Department of Transport, St Christopher House, Southwark Street, London SE1 0TE and at the offices of Lancashire County Council, Christ Church Precinct, County Hall, Preston.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
Regional Director Government Office for the North East
28th February 1996
THE SCHEDULETHE LANCASHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (WESTGATE LINK ROAD, BURNLEY) (THE NEW BARRACKS CANAL BRIDGE) SCHEME 1996
The Lancashire County Council (hereinafter referred to as “the Council”) make this Scheme in exercise of their powers under Section 106(3) of the Highways Act 1980 and of all other powers enabling them in that behalf:
1. The Council are hereby authorised to construct over the navigable waters of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal at Burnley in the Borough of Burnley in the County of Lancashire, the bridge (in this scheme called “the New Barracks Canal Bridge”) specified in the Schedule to this scheme as part of the highway to be known as Westgate Link Road which the Council propose to construct at Burnley from the existing Active Way Roundabout (A679) to a new roundabout to be constructed on Westway (A671) at Burnley all in the said Borough.
2. This Scheme may be cited as the Lancashire County Council (Westgate Link Road, Burnley) (The New Barracks Canal Bridge) Scheme 1996.
Given under the Common Seal of the Council the 20th day of February 1996.
The Common Seal of the Lancashire County Council was hereunto affixed in pursuance of a resolution passed at a meeting of the Highways and Transportation Committee of the County Council duly convened and held on the 1st day of November, 1995.
Assistant Clerk of the County Council
1980 c. 66.