1997 No. 590
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The A43 Trunk Road (Stamford Road, Weldon and Detrunking) Order 1997
3rd March 1997
Coming into force
17th March 1997
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this Order in exercise of powers conferred by section 10 of the Highways Act 1980(1) and now vested in him(2), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf:
1. This Order may be cited as the A43 Trunk Road (Stamford Road, Weldon and Detrunking) Order 1997 and shall come into force on 17th March 1997.
2. In this Order—
(1) all measurements of distance are measured along the route of the relevant highway;
(2) (i) “the new trunk road” means the length of highway referred to in article 3(a) of this Order;
(ii)“the plan” means the plan numbered HA10/1M/006 marked “The A43 Trunk Road (Stamford Road, Weldon and Detrunking) Order 1997”, signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport and deposited at the Department of Transport, 76 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DR.
(iii)“the trunk road” means the A43 Trunk Road.
3. From the date when this Order comes into force—
(a)the length of highway described in Schedule 1 to this Order shall become a trunk road, and
(b)the length of trunk road described in Schedule 2 to this Order shall cease to be a trunk road.
4. The centre line of the new trunk road is indicated by a heavy black line on the plan.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
W. S. C. Wadrup
Director Network Management Division in the Highways Agency
3rd March 1997
The length of highway becoming a trunk road is Stamford Road from the western edge of its roundabout junction with the trunk road in Weldon in the County of Northamptonshire to a point 225 metres northeast of the centre point of that roundabout junction, a distance of 260 metres.
The length of the trunk road ceasing to be a trunk road is situated between its junction with Stamford Road and a point 310 metres northeast of that junction and is shown by broad black dashes on the plan.
1980 c. 66.