1997 No. 1292
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The M6 Birmingham to Carlisle Motorway (At Haighton) Connecting Roads Scheme 1997
7th May 1997
Coming into force
8th May 1997
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this scheme in exercise of powers conferred by section 16 of the Highways Act 1980(1) and now vested in him, and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf:—
1. For the purpose of connecting the motorway with other highways, the Secretary of State is authorised to provide along the routes described in the Schedule hereto special roads for the use of traffic of Classes I and II of the classes of traffic set out in Schedule 4 to the Highways Act 1980.
2. The centre lines of the special roads are indicated by heavy black lines on the deposited plan.
3. The special roads shall become trunk road on the date when this scheme comes into operation.
4. In this scheme:—
(i)“the motorway” means the M6 Motorway (Birmingham to Carlisle).
(ii)“the deposited plan” means the plan folio marked “The Lancashire County Council (Proposed Connecting Roads to M6 Motorway at Haighton) Special Roads Scheme 1992 Confirmation Instrument 1993”(2) containing a scheme map, signed by authority of the Secretary of State and deposited at the Department of Transport, Great Minster House, Marsham Street, London, SW1P 3PY.
(iii)“the special roads” means the special roads to be provided in pursuance of the Confirmation Instrument mentioned at 4(ii) above.
5. This scheme may be cited as “The M6 Birmingham to Carlisle Motorway (at Haighton) Connecting Roads Scheme 1997” and shall come into force on 8th May 1997.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State
Director in the Highways Agency
7th May 1997
THE SCHEDULETHE ROUTES OF THE SPECIAL ROADS
1. A route (comprising a slip road) 0.5km in overall length to connect the northbound carriageway of the motorway to the all-purpose Longsands Lane —Longridge Road Link Road for the Haighton Employment Area (the special road along this route being given the reference number 1 on the deposited plan).
2. A route (comprising a slip road) 0.75km in overall length to connect the southbound carriageway of the motorway to the all-purpose Longsands Lane—Longridge Road Link Road for the Haighton Employment Area (the special road along this route being given the reference number 2 on the deposited plan).
1980 c. 66.
S.I. 1993 No. 1370.