1997 No. 2132
The A41 Trunk Road (Camden) (Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) Order 1997
22nd August 1997
Coming into force
25th August 1997
The Traffic Director for London, in accordance with a direction given to him by the Secretary of State under section 58(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1991(1) and in exercise of the powers conferred on the Secretary of State by section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(2), and of all other enabling powers, hereby makes the following Order:—
1. This Order may be cited as the A41 Trunk Road (Camden) (Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) Order 1997, and shall come into force on 25th August 1997.
2. This Order is made because the Traffic Director for London is satisfied that traffic on the roads, or lengths of road, mentioned in the schedule to this Order should be prohibited because works are being or are proposed to be executed on or near those roads or lengths of road.
3. During the period starting at 00.01 hours on 25th August 1997 for a period of three months, or when those works have been completed, whichever is the sooner, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to stop at any time in the roads, or lengths of roads, specified in the schedule to this Order.
4.—(1) The prohibitions specified in article 3 above shall apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs specified by regulations or authorised under section 64 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
(2) The prohibitions specified in article 3 above shall not apply in respect of—
(i)any vehicle being used for the purpose of those works, or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes, or
(ii)anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a traffic warden.
5. In so far as, and during such times as, the prohibition specified in article 3 above is in force, the provisions of the A41 Trunk Road (Camden) Red Route Experimental (No. 2) Traffic Order 1997(3) are hereby suspended so far as they relate to the roads or lengths of roads specified in the schedule to this Order.
Signed in accordance with a direction from the Secretary of State.
Traffic Director for London
22nd August 1997
SCHEDULE (see article 3)
Roads and lengths of roads subject to prohibitions.
1. A41 Finchley Road in the London Borough of Camden, the south-west side, between a point 1.0 metres north-west of the party wall of Nos. 283 and 285 Finchley Road and a point opposite the south-eastern boundary of 279a Finchley Road.
1991 c. 40.
1984 c. 27.