1997 No. 2395
EDUCATION, ENGLAND AND WALES
The Education (Grants for Education Support and Training) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 1997
6th October 1997
Laid before Parliament
13th October 1997
Coming into force
5th November 1997
In exercise of the powers conferred upon the Secretary of State by sections 484 and 569(4) of the Education Act 1996(1) the Secretary of State for Wales hereby makes the following Regulations:
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Education (Grants for Education Support and Training) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 1997 and shall come into force on 5th November 1997.
2. The Education (Grants for Education Support and Training) (Wales) Regulations(2) shall be amended as follows.
3. In regulation 2 after paragraph (2) there shall be inserted the following paragraph—
“(3) The purpose specified in paragraph 18 of the Schedule is without prejudice to the generality of the purpose specified in paragraph 21 of the Schedule.”.
4. In regulation 5(1) at the end there shall be inserted the words “and grants in respect of approved expenditure incurred on or after that date of the kind referred to in paragraph 21 of the Schedule shall be payable at the rate of 100 per cent of such expenditure”.
5. In regulation 6(4) there shall be inserted after “exceeding” the words “, save where he determines otherwise in the case of an application relating to approved expenditure of the kind referred to in paragraph 21 of the Schedule,”.
6. In the Schedule after paragraph 20 there shall be inserted the following paragraph—
“21. The improvement, renovation or replacement of buildings used for educational purposes and the provision of equipment (including information technology) for educational purposes.”.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Wales
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Welsh Office
6th October 1997
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations amend the Education (Grants for Education Support and Training) (Wales) Regulations 1997.
They add a new purpose (item 21 in the Schedule) for which grant is payable at a rate of 100% of approved expenditure and remove, in relation to grant paid in respect of such expenditure, the restriction contained in regulation 6(4) that the immediate payment of grant in the last period of the financial year cannot exceed 75% of the grant applied for.
1996 c. 56; see section 579(1) for the definition of “regulations”.