1997 No. 2498
The Offshore Installations (Safety Zones) (No. 4) Order 1997
20th October 1997
Coming into force
10th November 1997
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by section 22(1) and (2) of the Petroleum Act 1987(1) (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”) and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, hereby makes the following order:
1. This order may be cited as the Offshore Installations (Safety Zones) (No. 4) Order 1997 and shall come into force on 10th November 1997.
2. A safety zone is hereby established around each installation specified in column 1 of the Schedule hereto (being an installation stationed in waters to which subsection (7) of section 21 of the Act applies) having a radius of five hundred metres from the point as respects that installation which has the co-ordinates of latitude and longitude according to European Datum (1950) specified in columns 2 and 3 of the Schedule.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State,
Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions
20th October 1997
Name or other designation of the offshore installation
Wellhead Cluster & Manifold (West Brae)
Single Wellhead (Sedgwick)
Drill Centre (Galley)
(This note is not part of the Order)
This order establishes, under section 22 of the Petroleum Act 1987, safety zones having a radius of 500 metres from the specified point, around each installation specified in the Schedule to this order and stationed in waters to which section 21(7) of that Act applies (these include territorial waters and waters in areas designated under section 1(7) of the Continental Shelf Act 1964 (c. 29)).
Vessels (which for this purpose include hovercraft, submersible apparatus and installations in transit) are prohibited from entering or remaining in a safety zone except with the consent of the Health and Safety Executive or in accordance with regulations made under section 23(1) of the Act (currently the Offshore Installations (Safety Zones) Regulations 1987 (S.I. 1987/1331)).
1987 c. 12.