1997 No. 2500
The Sheep Annual Premium (Amendment) Regulations 1997
13th October 1997
Laid before Parliament
13th November 1997
Coming into force
4th December 1997
The Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food and the Secretary of State, being Ministers designated(1) for the purposes of subsection (2) of section 2 of the European Communities Act 1972(2) in relation to the common agricultural policy of the European Community, acting jointly in exercise of the powers conferred on them by that subsection and of all other powers enabling them in that behalf, hereby make the following Regulations:
Title and commencement
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Sheep Annual Premium (Amendment) Regulations 1997 and shall come into force on 4th December 1997.
Amendments to the Sheep Annual Premium Regulations 1992
2. The Sheep Annual Premium Regulations 1992(3) shall be amended by the insertion of the following paragraphs at the end of their regulation 3—
“(3) In order to benefit from the specific aid provided for by Article 1 of Council Regulation 1323/90 in respect of a given marketing year a producer such as is specified in paragraph 1(a)(1)(b) of Commission Regulation 2700/93 shall submit the specific declaration referred to therein in respect of that marketing year by submitting to the competent authority an area aid application for the calendar year corresponding with the said marketing year under Article 6 of Council Regulation 3508/92 as if Article 4(5) of Commission Regulation 3887/92 did not apply to his case.
(4) In paragraph (3) of this regulation—
(a)“Commission Regulation 3887/92” means Commission Regulation (EEC) No. 3887/92 laying down detailed rules for applying the integrated administration and control system for certain Community aid schemes(4), as last amended by Commission Regulation (EC) No. 2015/95(5);
(b)“Commission Regulation 2700/93” means Commission Regulation (EEC) No. 2700/93 on detailed rules for the application of the premium in favour of sheepmeat and goatmeat producers(6), as last amended by Commission Regulation (EC) No. 1526/96(7);
(c)“Council Regulation 1323/90” means Council Regulation (EEC) No. 1323/90 instituting specific aid for sheep and goat farming in certain less-favoured areas of the Community(8), as last amended by Commission Regulation (EC) No. 40/96(9);
(d)“Council Regulation 3508/92” means Council Regulation (EEC) No. 3508/92 establishing an integrated administration and control system for certain Community aid schemes(10), as last amended by Council Regulation (EC) No. 2466/96(11).”.
Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food
13th October 1997
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Scottish Office
13th October 1997
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
1. These Regulations amend the Sheep Annual Premium Regulations 1992 (S.I. 1992/2677, as already amended by S.I. 1994/2741, S.I. 1995/2779 and S.I. 1996/49), which extend to Great Britain.
2. The amendments consist of the insertion of 2 new paragraphs, (3) and (4), into regulation 3 of S.I. 1992/2677.
3. Those new paragraphs give effect to new paragraph 1(a)(3) of Commission Regulation (EEC) No. 2700/93 (OJ No. L245, 1.10.93, p.99), inserted by Article 1 of Commission Regulation (EC) No. 1526/96 (OJ No. L190, 31.7.96, p.21).
4. New paragraph 1(a)(3) enables member States to oblige certain sheep producers who are applying for sheep annual premium only to demonstrate the location of their respective holdings by submitting an area aid application. Although an area aid application is generally required by Article 6 of Council Regulation (EEC) No. 3508/92 (OJ No. L355, 5.12.92, p.1), applicants for sheep annual premium only would otherwise be exempted from this requirement by Article 4(5) of Commission Regulation (EEC) No. 3887/92 (OJ No. L391, 31.12.92, p.36).
5. Article 5 of Council Regulation (EEC) No. 3013/89 (OJ No. L289, 7.10.89, p.1) continues to provide the legal base for the making of sheep annual premium payments.
6. No compliance cost assessment has been prepared in respect of these Regulations.
1972 c. 68.
S.I. 1992/2677, amended by S.I. 1994/2741, S.I. 1995/2779 and S.I. 1996/49.
OJ No. L391, 31.12.92, p.36.
OJ No. L197, 22.8.95, p.2.
OJ No. L245, 1.10.93, p.99.
OJ No. L190, 31.7.96, p.21.
OJ No. L132, 23.5.90, p.17.
OJ No. L10, 13.1.96, p.6.
OJ No. L355, 5.12.92, p.1.
OJ No. L335, 24.12.96, p.1.