1997 No. 2504
The A4 Trunk Road (Talgarth Road, Hammersmith & Fulham) Red Route (Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) Order 1997
17th October 1997
Coming into force
20th October 1997
The Traffic Director for London, following a direction given to him by the Secretary of State for Transport under section 58(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1991(1) and in exercise of the powers conferred on the Secretary of State by section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(2), and of all other enabling powers, hereby makes the following Order:—
1. This Order may be cited as The A4 Trunk Road (Talgarth Road, Hammersmith & Fulham) Red Route (Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) Order 1997 and shall come into force on the 20th October 1997.
2. In this Order “North End Road” means the road of that name in the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham
3. This Order is made because the Traffic Director for London is satisfied that traffic in the A4 Talgarth Road in the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham at its junction with North End Road should be prohibited because works are being or are proposed to be executed on or near the junction of those roads.
4. During the period starting at 00.01 hours on the 20th October 1997 and ending at 23:59 on 21st January 1998 or when those works have been completed, whichever is the sooner, subject to the provisions of article 5 below, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle proceeding eastbound on the A4 Talgarth Road in the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham to turn right into North End Road.
5.—(1) The provisions of article 4 above shall apply only during such times and to such extent as may from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
(2) The provisions specified in article 4 above shall not apply in respect of—
(i)any vehicle being used for the purpose of those works, or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purpose, or
(ii)anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a traffic warden.
Signed in accordance with a direction from the Secretary of State.
Traffic Director for London
17th October 1997
1991 c. 40.
1984 c. 27.