1997 No. 2683
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The Portsmouth City Council (M275 Northbound Motorway Slip Road) Scheme 1996 Confirmation Instrument 1997
7th November 1997
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this Instrument in exercise of powers conferred by section 16 of the Highways Act 1980(1), and now vested in him(2), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf:
1. This Instrument may be cited as “The Portsmouth City Council (M275 Northbound Motorway Slip Road) Scheme 1996 Confirmation Instrument 1997” and shall come into force on the date on which notice that it has been confirmed is first published in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 2 to the Highways Act 1980.
2. The Portsmouth City Council (M275 Northbound Motorway Slip Road) Scheme 1996 (“the Scheme”) is hereby confirmed with modifications.
3. The Scheme as confirmed is set out in the Schedule hereto and copies of the Scheme with its accompanying plan are deposited at the offices of the Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions, Great Minster House, 76 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DR, and at the offices of the Portsmouth City Council, Civic Offices, Guildhall Square, Portsmouth PO1 2AL.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
Regional Director Government Office for the North East
7th November 1997
THE SCHEDULETHE PORTSMOUTH CITY COUNCIL (M275 NORTHBOUND MOTORWAY SLIP ROAD) SCHEME 1996
Portsmouth City Council makes this Scheme as agents of Hampshire County Council in exercise of their powers under Sections 16 and 17 of the Highways Act 1980, and all other powers enabling them in that behalf—
1. The Council is authorised to provide for the use of traffic of Classes I and II of the classes of traffic set out in Schedule 4 to the Highways Act 1980, a special road along the route described in the Schedule to this Scheme for the purposes of connecting Whale Island Way to the northbound slip road of the M275 Motorway in Mile End, in the City of Portsmouth at the place stated in the Schedule to this Scheme.
2. The centre line of the special road is indicated by a heavy black line on the deposited plan.
3. In this Scheme—
(a)All distances are measured along the centre line of the relevant highway;
(b)(i)“the Council” means Portsmouth City Council;
(ii)“the Special Road” means the special road mentioned in Article 1 of this Scheme;
(iii)“the deposited plan” means the plan marked “Map referred to in the Portsmouth City Council (M275 Northbound Motorway Slip Road) Scheme 1996,” annexed hereto and deposited at Civic Offices, Guildhall Square, Portsmouth PO1 2AL. A certified copy is also deposited at the offices of the Secretary of State for Transport and “deposited plan” shall be construed accordingly.
4. This Scheme may be cited as “The Portsmouth City Council (M275 Northbound Motorway Slip Road) Scheme 1996.”
SCHEDULEROUTE OF THE SPECIAL ROAD
A route comprising a slip road (10 metres in overall length) north eastwards from the northern boundary of Whale Island Way at a point 43 metres directly north of the most westerly point of the existing offices located in the Ferry Port to the northbound slip road of the M275 Motorway situated at Mile End, in the City of Portsmouth.
Given under the Common Seal of the Portsmouth City Council on the 13 November 1996.
THE COMMON SEAL of PORTSMOUTH CITY COUNCIL was hereunto affixed in pursuance of a resolution of the Council passed at a meeting duly convened and held–
1980 c. 66.