1997 No. 2765
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The M40 Motorway (Wheatley Service Area Access) Connecting Roads Scheme 1997
24th November 1997
Coming into force
8th December 1997
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this Scheme in exercise of powers conferred by sections 16, 17 and 19 of the Highways Act 1980(1) and now vested in him(2), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf:
1. This Scheme may be cited as the M40 Motorway (Wheatley Service Area Access) Connecting Roads Scheme 1997 and shall come into force on 8th December 1997.
2. In this Scheme—
(1) all measurements of distance are measured along the route of the relevant highway;
(2) (i) “connecting road” means a special road along a route described in the Schedule to this Scheme;
(ii)“the Motorway” means the M40 Motorway in Oxfordshire;
(iii)“the plan” means the plan numbered HA16/1M/001 marked “The M40 Motorway (Wheatley Service Area Access) Connecting Roads Scheme 1997”, signed by the authority of the Secretary of State for Transport and deposited at the Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions, Great Minster House, 76 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DR; and
(iv)“the special roads” means each connecting road.
3. The Secretary of State is authorised to provide the special roads for the exclusive use of traffic of Classes I and II of the classes of traffic set out in Schedule 4 to the Highways Act 1980.
4. The centre line of each of the special roads is indicated by a heavy black line on the plan.
5. Each of the special roads shall become a trunk road on the date when this Scheme comes into force.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
W. S. C. Wadrup
Network and Customer Services (Midland) The Highways Agency
24th November 1997
SCHEDULE 1ROUTES OF THE CONNECTING ROADS
The routes of the connecting roads are as follows:—
Junction with Junction 8 of the Motorway
Two routes to connect the eastbound and westbound carriageways of the Motorway with the A418 road at Junction 8 of the Motorway at Wheatley in Oxfordshire (the special roads along these routes being respectively given the numbers 1 and 2 on the plan).
1980 c. 66.