Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland
1997 No. 75
Licensing (Register of Licences) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1997
21st February 1997
Coming into operation
25th March 1997
The Department of Health and Social Services, in exercise of the powers conferred on it by Article 34(1) of the Licensing (Northern Ireland) Order 1996(1) and of all other powers enabling it in that behalf, hereby makes the following Regulations:
Citation and commencement
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Licensing (Register of Licences) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1997 and shall come into operation on 25th March 1997.
Form of register
2.—(1) For the purposes of Article 34(1) of the Licensing (Northern Ireland) Order 1996, the register of licences shall be in the form set out in the Schedule.
(2) No erasure shall be made of the particulars entered in the register and every entry shall be signed by the clerk of petty sessions making it.
(3) Every interlineation or other alteration, other than that of a clerical nature in the register, shall be signed and dated by a resident magistrate.
Particulars to be entered and numbered in register in order in which licence granted on or after 25th March 1997
3. Where a licence is granted by a county court on of after 25th March 1997, the clerk of petty sessions shall enter in the register particulars of the licence under the appropriate headings of the register as specified in the Schedule, in chronological sequence according to the time at which the copy of the licence is received from the chief clerk and he shall number the entry accordingly.
4. The Licensing (Register of Licences) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1990(2) are hereby revoked.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Health and Social Services on
21st February 1997.
SCHEDULEThe Licensing (Northern Ireland) Order 1996
Register of Licences
Petty Sessions District of County Court Division of
Name of premises (if any) and full address
Full name and address of licence holder
Kind of premises* (eg Art. 5(1)(a)) *also record here if a note such as is mentioned in Art. 5(5)(a) applies
Full name and address of owner of premises
Date of [grant*] [provisional grant*] and name of Court *delete if inapplicable
Complete this box when provisional grant finalised Date grant declared final and name of Court
Particulars, including date made and Court, of any order under Arts. 8, 31, 43, 44, 48 and of any notice served under Art. 31(1)(ii)
Particulars, including date made and periods of order, of renewals (R), transfers(T), surrenders (S), protection orders (P) and any notice served under Art. 28(3)
Particulars of:— (i)any condition imposed under Arts. 7(12) or 43(2);
(ii)any direction given, varied or cancelled under Arts. 7(10) or (13), or 15(5) or (6);
(iii)any declaration made or cancelled under Art. 107(1) or (5) of the Betting, Gaming, Lotteries and Amusements (N.I.) Order 1985
Particulars, including date, Court and period of:— (i)any suspension arising from an application made under Art. 72(1) and the result of any appeal;
(ii)any conviction of an offence such as is mentioned in Art. 75(1) and of any consequent order made, including suspension and the result of any appeal
Particulars, including date, of any children’s certificate granted under Art. 59 and of any order relating to the time when any such certificate should cease to be operational. Details of any subsequent revocation or modification of the certificate or any order should also be included
Particulars of the confirmation, reversal or variation of any decision or determination of any other Court relating to the licence or the licensed premises
Signature of clerk of petty sessions and date entry made
(This note is not part of the Regulations.)
These regulations prescribe the form of the register of licences for the sale of intoxicating liquor by retail, kept by each clerk of petty sessions, for premises situated in the petty sessions district for which he acts.
These regulations revoke the Licensing (Register of Licences) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1990
S.I. 1996/3158 (N.I. 22)
S.R. 1990 No. 448