Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland
1996 No. 497
The Sheep Annual Premium (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1996
18th October 1996
Coming into operation
15th November 1996
The Department of Agriculture being a Department designated(1) for the purposes of section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972(2) in relation to the common agricultural policy of the European Community, in exercise of the powers conferred on it by the said section 2(2) and of every other power enabling it in that behalf, hereby makes the following Regulations:—
Citation and commencement
1. These Regulations may be cited as The Sheep Annual Premium (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1996 and shall come into operation on 15th November 1996.
2.—(1) In these Regulations, “the principal Regulations” means The Sheep Annual Premium Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1992(3).
(2) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954(4) shall apply to these Regulations as it applies to a Measure of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
3. The following paragraph shall be substituted for paragraph 2 of regulation 3 (application for a premium) of the principal Regulations—
“(2) A producer who applies for a premium in respect of a given marketing year shall deliver his application to the competent authority—
(a)on or after the 15th November in the preceding calendar year;
(b)not later than 13th January in that marketing year (both dates inclusive) or if 13th January is a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday the next following working day.”
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland on 18th October 1996.
(This note is not part of the Regulations.)
1. These Regulations make a minor amendment to The Sheep Annual Premium Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1992 (S.R. No. 476 as amended by S.R. 1995 No. 403).
2. These Regulations provide for a longer application period.
3. The Regulations provide that a producer making an application for Sheep Annual Premium in respect of a particular marketing year as defined by Article 3(3) of Council Regulation (EEC) No. 3013/89 (O.J. No. L289, 7.10.89, p. 1) shall deliver his application on or after 15th November in the preceding calendar year and not later than 13th January in the marketing year concerned.
1972 c. 68; section 2 is subject to Schedule 2 to that Act and is to be read with S.I. 1984/703 (N.I. 3), S.R. (N.I.) 1984 No. 253 and S.I. 1994/2795 (N.I. 15)
S.R. 1992 No. 476 as amended by S.R. 1994 No. 404
1954 c. 33 (N.I.)