1996 No. 926
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The A16 Trunk Road (Fotherby Bypass) Order 1996
25th March 1996
Coming into force
12th April 1996
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this Order in exercise of the powers conferred by sections 10 and 41 of the Highways Act 1980(1), and now vested in him(2), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf:—
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the A16 Trunk Road (Fotherby Bypass) Order 1996 and shall come into force on 12th April 1996.
(2) In this Order all measurements of distance are measured along the route of the relevant highway.
2. The new highway which the Secretary of State proposes to construct along the route described in Schedule 1 to this Order shall become a trunk road from the date when this Order comes into force.
3. The centre line of the new trunk road is indicated by a heavy black line on the plan numbered HA10/EM 101, marked “The A16 Trunk Road (Fotherby Bypass) Order 1996”, signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport and deposited at the Department of Transport, Romney House, 43 Marsham Street, London SW1P 3PY.
4. The Secretary of State directs as respects any part of a highway which crosses the route of the new trunk road that—
(a)where the highway is maintained at the public expense by a local highway authority, the part in question shall be maintainable by that authority, and
(b)where the highway is not so maintainable and is not maintainable under a special enactment or by reason of tenure, enclosure or prescription, the Secretary of State shall be under no duty to maintain the part in question,
until, in either case, a date to be specified in a notice given by the Secretary of State to the highway authority for that highway. The date specified will not be later than the date on which the new trunk road is opened for traffic.
5. The length of the Trunk Road described in Schedule 2 to this Order, and shown by broad black dashes on the deposited plan, shall cease to be a trunk road as from the date on which the Secretary of State notifies the Lincolnshire County Council that the new trunk road is open for traffic.
6. In this Order—
(i)“the new trunk road” means the new highway which the Secretary of State proposes to construct referred to in article 2 of this Order; and
(ii)“the Trunk Road” means the A16 Trunk Road.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
W. S. C. Wadrup
Director, Midland Network, Management Division, The Highways Agency
25th March 1996
SCHEDULE 1ROUTE OF THE NEW TRUNK ROAD
The route of the new trunk road is about 2.34 kilometres in length, from a point on the Trunk Road 145 metres south of its existing junction with Barton Street at Fortherby in the County of Lincolnshire in a generally northerly direction to a point on the Trunk Road 340 metres north-west of its existing junction with Allenby Crescent and is shown by a solid black line.
SCHEDULE 2LENGTH OF THE TRUNK ROAD CEASING TO BE A TRUNK ROAD
The length of the Trunk Road ceasing to be a trunk road is situated 145 metres south-east of its existing junction with Barton Street at Fotherby in the County of Lincolnshire and runs in a generally northerly direction to a point on the Trunk Road 340 metres north-west of its existing junction with Allenby Crescent and is shown by broad black dashes.
1980 c. 66.