1996 No. 978
The Licensing (Special Hours Certificates) (Amendment) Rules 1996
25th March 1996
Coming into force
1st May 1996
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred upon him by section 91 of the Licensing Act 1964(1), hereby makes the following Rules:
1.—(1) These Rules may be cited as the Licensing (Special Hours Certificates) (Amendment) Rules 1996 and shall come into force on 1st May 1996.
2.—(1) The Licensing (Specialo Hours Certificates) Rules 1982(2) shall be amended as follows.
(2) In rule 3(1) after “special hours certificate” there shall be inserted “under section 77 or 77A of the Licensing Act 1964”(3).
(3) In rule 3A after “section 77” there shall be inserted “or section 77A”.
(4) In rule 7 for “or 81” there shall be substituted “, 77A or 81”.
(5) For rule 8 there shall be substituted—
“8.—(1) A special hours certificate shall be in one of the forms specified in Part I of the Schedule to these Rules, or in a form to the like effect.
(2) A declaration that a provisional special hours certificate is to be final shall be in the form specified in Part II of the Schedule to these Rules, or in a form to the like effect.”.
3. For the Schedule to the Licensing (Special Hours Certificates) Rules 1982 there shall be substituted the Schedule to these Rules.
Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State
25th March 1996
LICENSING ACT 1964Special Hours Certificate
LICENSING ACT 1964Provisional Special Hours Certificates
LICENSING ACT 1964Declaration of special hours certificate to be final
(This note is not part of the Rules)
These Rules amend the Licensing (Special Hours Certificates) Rules 1982 to make provision for the grant of provisional Special Hours Certificates.
1964 c. 26. Section 91 is amended by the Deregulation (Special Hours Certificates) Order 1996 (S.I. 1996/977).
Section 77A is inserted by the Deregulation (Special Hours Certificates) Order 1996.