1996 No. 1078
The A501 Trunk Road (Grays Inn Road, Camden) (Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) Order 1996
4th April 1996
Coming into force
8th April 1996
The Traffic Director for London, following a direction given to him by the Secretary of State for Transport under section 58(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1991(1) and in exercise of the powers conferred on the Secretary of State by section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(2), and of all other enabling powers, hereby makes the following Order:—
1. This Order may be cited as the A501 Trunk Road (Grays Inn Road, Camden) (Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) Order 1996 and shall come into force on the 8th April 1996.
2. This Order is made because the Traffic Director for London is satisfied that traffic in Grays Inn Road, Camden should be restricted because works are being or are proposed to be executed on or near that road.
3. During the period starting at 08.00 hours on 8th April 1996 and ending when those works have been completed or at 08.00 hours on 8th July 1996, whichever is the earlier, subject to the provisions of article 4 below, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter or exit Grays Inn Road from Britannia Street.
4.—(1) The provisions of article 3 above shall apply only during such times and to such extent as may from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
(2) The provisions specified in article 3 above shall not apply in respect of—
(i)any vehicle being used for the purpose of those works, or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purpose, or
(ii)anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a traffic warden.
5. During the period specified in article 3 above, the provisions of the Camden (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Special Parking Area) Order 1993 are hereby suspended so far as they relate to any roads or lengths of road specified in this Order.
Signed in accordance with a direction from the Secretary of State for Transport.
Traffic Director for London
4 April 1996
1991 c. 40.
1984 c. 27.