1996 No. 1090
The A406 Trunk Road (North Circular Road, Hounslow) Red Route (Prescribed Route No. 1) Experimental Traffic Order 1996
11th April 1996
Coming into force
22nd April 1996
The Traffic Director for London, in accordance with a direction given to him by the Secretary of State for Transport under section 58(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1991(1) and in exercise of the powers conferred on the Secretary of State by section 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(2), and of all other enabling powers, hereby makes the following Order:—
Commencement and citation
1. This Order may be cited as the A406 Trunk Road (North Circular Road, Hounslow) Red Route (Prescribed Route No. 1) Experimental Traffic Order 1996, and shall come into force on 22nd April 1996.
2. In this Order causing includes permitting, and cause shall be construed accordingly.
3. Save as provided in 4 below, no person shall cause any vehicle to proceed in the unnamed service road fronting Nos 127 to 139 and the International School for London, Gunnersbury Avenue in the London Borough of Hounslow in a direction other than from south to north.
4. The provisions of article 3 shall not apply—
(a)to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a traffic warden; or
(b)to a vehicle being used for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes.
Power to modify or suspend this Order
5. If it appears to the Traffic Director for London, or some person authorised by him, essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic, or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by this Order runs, and after consulting with the Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis, he may modify or suspend any provision of this Order, save that no modification shall make an addition.
Signed in accordance with a direction from the Secretary of State for Transport.
Traffic Director for London
11th April 1996
1991 c. 40.
1984 c. 27.