1996 No. 1113
The A4 Trunk Road (Great West Road, Hounslow) (Prohibition Of Use Of Gap In Central Reserve) Order 1996
16th April 1996
Coming into force
22nd April 1996
The Secretary of State for Transport, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 6(1) and (3) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(1), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, and after consultation with the Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis pursuant to section 7(6) of that Act(2), hereby makes the following Order:
1. This Order may be cited as the A4 Trunk Road (Great West Road, Hounslow) (Prohibition Of Use Of Gap In Central Reserve) Order 1996 and shall come into force on 22nd April 1996.
2. In this Order—
“central reserve” means that part of Great West Road which separates its two carriageways for the safety and guidance of vehicles using that road; and
“Great West Road” means that length of the A4 Trunk Road in the London Borough of Hounslow known as Great West Road.
3. No person shall cause of permit any vehicle to enter or proceed through the gap in the central reserve which lies opposite Lionel Road, London W3.
4. The London Borough of Hounslow (Prescribed Routes) (No. 5) Traffic Order 1988(3) is hereby revoked.
5. Article 5 of the Trunk Roads (Various Roads, Hounslow) (Prescribed Routes) Order 1973(4) shall be omitted.
6. The Trunk Road (Great West Road, Hounslow) (Prescribed Routes) Order 1977(5) is hereby revoked.
Signed by authority of The Secretary of State for Transport
A. R. Mellors
Assistant Director Highways Agency London Network Management Division
16th April 1996
1984 c. 27; section 6(1) was amended by the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (c. 22), section 168 and Schedule 8, paragraph 21(2).
Section 7(6) was amended by paragraph 3 of Schedule 7 to the Road Traffic Act 1991 (c. 40).